We are currently looking for an experienced Senior Commissioning Planning Engineer to start as soon as possible for a project period of 3 to 4 month to work on a sustainable energy project in the North of Sweden.
This position is site based and the successful candidate is required to be based on site Monday to Saturday working 3 x 53-hour weeks, followed by one week off.
The role will be to both manage and guide sub-contractor planning requirements and to maintain the overall master control schedule. Weekly updating of the Client master control schedule in Primavera P6 and weekly reporting and forecasting is an essential part of this role.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide detailed commissioning input to the project with a view to aligning all input schedules
- Assist with aspects of the project commissioning strategy, execution planning and contracting strategy
- Prepare / review and agree with site management, documents to communicate installation sequencing, schedule timings and resource requirements to subcontractors, project management, procurement and the construction site supervision / HSE teams
- Assist with development of commissioning workflows to support project execution as required
- Liaise with engineers and Construction Management throughout to maximise the use of construction knowledge and experience in all aspects of the project paying particular attention to constructability
- Review the project requirements utilising the constructability checklist to identify critical execution issues, then assist with the overall schedule by inputting key data from the subcontractors planning systems
- In conjunction with the Warehouse / Materials Control Manager, monitor the shipping/delivery forecasts match the ROS dates, planning for any that do not, to ensure project schedule is met
- Assist with dates for turnover of the systems and sub-systems, setting realistic milestones for the Sub-Contractors to achieve
- IT/Computer Literacy, with enthusiasm, initiative and drive
- Required to promote good working relations within the Project Controls Teams, other project departments and Customer representatives
- Engaged with the Customer planner on all matters in an open and transparent manner
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in construction/site based EPCC planning role
- Minimum 5 years’ experience using Primavera P6 planning application
- Excellent verbal/written communication, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Experience with construction plans and specifications, tracking changes and developing project documentation
- Experience tracking and analysing schedule variances and knowledge of how to respond is essential
- Demonstrable experience of simultaneous management of multiple subcontractors plans with respect to their direct field labour
- Excellent understanding of commissioning processes and procedures
Is this your next step? Please apply!