- Primary Purpose
Responsible to support development and implementation of robust supply chain strategies and objectives for the business. Works collaboratively within the procurement team and with key business stakeholders to ensure timely delivery of procurement strategies. Depending on the project phase, supports procurement related oversight activities in support of large-scale engineering/procurement/construction (EPC) projects, capital projects, operations, and project development for the company.
Duties and Responsibilities
Education Experience Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Develop and lead complex RFx events to execute major agreements and material purchases while identifying and mitigating supply/contractual risk leveraging key functional areas where appropriate (Legal, Insurance, Cyber, etc.
- Support procurement team and key business stakeholders in development of sourcing strategies for assigned capital projects. Understand and actively challenge technical specifications, commercial practices, operating practices and business processes with a focus on driving cost reduction initiatives.
- Identify and mitigate supply/contractual risk leveraging key functional areas where appropriate (Legal, Insurance, Cyber, etc.).
- Serve as the procurement subject matter expert to internal and external stakeholder groups to address current/future business needs in addition to promote current best-in-class sourcing strategies and methodologies.
- Monitor, communicate and respond to changing sourcing market conditions and business drivers to maximize benefits and minimize risk.
- Foster and develop supplier relationships in addition to monitoring progress and holding suppliers accountable for contractual terms. Ensure compliance with the company’s Business Conduct Policy and that approved HSSE standards and safety-first policies are fully incorporated into the procurement process.
- Coach other team members to develop and increase their skills and abilities in the procurement lifecycle process.
- Advise and support development of procurement strategies, plans, procedures and processes, including on estimating, purchasing, expediting, contractor engagement, supplier engagement, business unit engagement, spare parts, warehousing, preservation/storage and surplus.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or equivalent required.
- 7-10 years of comparable experience (strategic sourcing, category management and supplier management) in addition to proven experience in conducting Request for Information (RFI) and Request for Proposal (RFP) process and negotiations required.
- Influencing, communication and facilitative skills, including cross cultures and geographies.
- Ability to advise and interact with all levels of management.
- Leadership skills with the ability to coach and develop procurement team.
- Ability to bring teams together to achieve targets and goals.
- Knowledge of supply categories within area of assigned concentration.
- Quantitative and analytical skills, ability to draw conclusions from data.
- Ability to work effectively in team setting and support change management within organization.
- Commercial acumen and negotiation skills.
- Ability to develop business relationships with peers, senior leadership, business stakeholders and suppliers.
- Presentation skills.
- Self-starter with interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge with Microsoft Office 365 Suite (Excel, Word, SharePoint, OneDrive, etc.) and collaborative tools.
- Primary Purpose