SENIOR COST ENGINEER
Location: Antwerp, Belgium
Contract duration: initial 12 month contract, with option to extend.
Contract type: hourly rate basis (all-inclusive)
Start Date: Q4 2023
Recruitment Partner: Airswift
Account Manager: Ryan Kirkpatrick
As one of the world’s leading consulting and engineering companies, operating across Energy and Materials markets, we are proud to be in a position to expand our team in Belgium and have partnered with Airswift in order to help us meet our recruitment objectives in 2023.
We have an opportunity for a SENIOR COST ENGINEER to be based in Antwerp, Belgium; the successful candidate(s) will be engaged on an initial 12 month contract, with the option for further contract renewals.
The SENIOR COST ENGINEER will join the Integrated Project Management Team for Ineos Project One and work within the Site Preparations & Outsourcing (SP&O) pillar; providing cost engineering services to control the cost of the project from current Execute phase until the end of the construction.
- Responsible for all monthly and interim cost reporting for the Project Delivery Team.
- Assist Scheduler and Project Controls Manager in ad hoc project controls duties as required.
- Ensure that all costs incurred are included in the total project cost.
- Collect data on spending and commitments, post them against estimated values, and make a forecast for that particular item of the cost estimate.
- Monitor forecast deviations and report status of these budgets in a timely manner throughout the projects.
- Play a key role in the technical management of all contractors and sub-contractors activities who are responsible in the achievement of the project objectives for cost tracking.
- Ensure that cost risk analysis is performed and applied to forecasting activities.
- Ensures all proposed change requests receive cost impact assessments beginning with Execute project phase.
- Support the auditing efforts by the banker’s engineers chartered by the external financing institutions.
Required experience / Qualification:
- A Bachelor degree in a technical discipline, or equivalent, is preferred but not mandatory, anyhow there is need to share a common understanding, based on “scientific principles and techniques”, with the engineering function.
- A minimum of 15 years experience in a process industry production and/or engineering environment with large (>$100MM) capital project management experience. Mega-project experience (>$1000MM) preferred.
- Thorough working knowledge of Project Controls practices.
- This job could require periodic travel to the EPCm contractor, IPMT (Reading) office for work with the owner Team and the PMC, and then to be located in Antwerp during the construction and start-up of the facilities.
- Good understanding of chemical engineering and chemical plant operations and project engineering, quantity surveying.
- Good financial skills: cost classification, cost type, cost accounting, project performance measurement, forecasting, project change management, asset
- Good working knowledge of cost management tool like EcoSys & SAP PS