Senior Cost Engineer
Key Skills: Senior Cost Engineer, Cost Engineering, TIC, Oil & Gas, Chemicals, Mining
Location: Wilton (Redcar)
Contract: 12 month contract
Salary / Package: PAYE hourly rate, plus holiday accrual + pension
Recruitment Partner: Airswift Account Manager: Emilie Marshall
Key words: Senior Cost Engineer, Cost Engineering, TIC, Oil & Gas, Chemicals, Mining
As a global leading provider of engineering, procurement and construction management expertise to the energy, chemicals, and resources sectors we are proud to be able to expand our UK team and have partnered with Airswift to support our recruitment plans.
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Cost Engineer to join our team based on Wilton site. This is a PAYE contract role for an initial 12-month period, with rate to be discussed.
What can we offer you
Fantastic opportunity to work within a well-respected EPC company, with excellent rates, plus holiday accrual and hybrid working arrangements available. As well as a chance to work on a state-of-the-art mining project.
Key Responsibilities and background:
- Required to produce accurate TIC cost reports as per contractual and company requirements.
- Responsible for managing all aspects of cost control for allocated package of work including; budgets, commitments, VOWD, accrual generation and forecasts for labour, sub-contract and procurement costs.
- Comfortable communicating cost data with Client and stakeholders.
- Provide input & to review Project Controls procedures such as invoicing procedure, budget and cost control procedure, accounting & invoicing procedure, change order procedure ensuring compliance with all Contractual and company requirements.
- Prepare monthly internal cost reporting such as finance statements for Management.
- Be able to communicate month end results with the Client and Management.
- Responsible for all Cost aspects of Project close-out and benchmarking.
- Required to promote good working relationships within the Project Controls Teams and other project departments and client representatives.
- Required to show commitment to and promote the clients values and ensuring the realisation of company and project health, safety, environmental, quality and ethics, systems, policies and procedures.
Critical Skills & Personal Attributes:
- HNC or relevant experience.
- Previous cost experience, preferably in the Oil and Gas industry.
- Experience in working to tight deadlines.
- Capable of communicating with project groups and third parties to agree standards, systems, processes to meet the project and Client requirements.
- Capable of proposing improvements/developments of systems and processes.
- Capable of identifying and providing input to Cost related improvement initiatives.
- Capable of managing a coordinated approach to resolving procedural issues in a timely manner.
- Sound IT skills, familiar with Microsoft packages such as Word, Excel etc.
The next step
We have an exceptional team in place, and we are pleased to be able to appoint a further person to our growing business. We are aware that you may not ‘tick all the boxes’, but if you believe you can genuinely offer some valuable skills and experience to our business, please in the first instance contact our recruitment partner Airswift, and the account manager, Emilie Marshall.