- Initiate, manage, and potentially supervise electrical engineering project requirements.
- Participate in meetings, prepare progress reports, and ensure compliance with checking procedures.
- Ensure project scope clarity and adherence to change management processes.
- Provide guidance and support during procurement, construction, and commissioning activities, including requisition writing, technical bid evaluations, and purchase order creation.
- Act as the electrical engineering Lead on specific projects if needed.
- When leading a team, define project requirements, promote workshare, assign tasks, and oversee progress.
- Stay current with the latest developments and innovations in electrical engineering.
- Offer assistance and mentorship to junior team members when required.
- Foster effective communication with the electrical engineering team and project stakeholders, including the Customer.
- Identify and address issues and problems, developing appropriate solutions and seeking assistance as necessary.
Technical and Industry Experience:
- Proficiency in technical and practical engineering skills, consistently delivering quality, accurate, and timely work to Client's Company and customers.
- Solid understanding of electrical engineering fundamentals and basic requirements of other engineering fields.
- Knowledge of relevant local and international standards and statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Competent use of electrical engineering software.
- Proficiency in relevant software, including the MS Office Suite.
- Substantial hands-on experience in electrical engineering within a similar industry, including multidisciplinary project and team collaboration.
Education – Qualifications, Accreditation, Training:
- Recognized and relevant engineering degree.
- Preferred: Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng) status.
- RPEV or RPEQ registration or eligibility for registration.
- Relevant postgraduate qualifications in engineering, management, project management, or equivalent supervisory qualifications.