Airswift has been tasked by a major EPC client to seek a Senior Electrical Engineer to work within their facilities in Charleston, WV for a 1-year contract, potential extension.
Responsible for providing electrical, and often instrumentation and controls team supervision on projects by directing project execution activities and department deliverable creation for one larger or several smaller projects.
- Scheduling and directing projects within the Electrical-Instrumentation-Controls Department
- Determining the scope of work, job objectives, and work-hour budgets on projects assigned to the group in concurrence with the Department Manager
- Performing and reviewing the analysis and design activities in completing complex engineering design projects from general drawings and instructions
- Directing other engineers, designers, and drafters in the production of construction drawing packages
- Providing detailed electrical designs for single line diagrams, power plans, power studies, lighting plans grounding, junction box layouts and wiring diagrams, conduit and cable schedules, panel schedules, and installation details using company, client, or industry standards and drafting techniques
- Assuming responsibility for technical accuracy and constructability of finished designs
- Performing thorough checks of electrical design packages following required checking procedures
- Ensuring any changes comply with project change management processes
- Assisting during procurement, construction, and commissioning activities
- Mentoring and helping grow the department in experience and resources
- Keeping current with the latest developments and technical innovations in electrical engineering
- Communicating effectively with the electrical, instrument, and controls engineering team and project stakeholders, including the Customer.
- Bachelor or Master of Science Electrical Engineering required
- Registered professional engineering credentials preferred
- Highly effective technical and practical engineering skills
- A sound knowledge of the fundamental requirements of electrical engineering, and the basic requirements of other engineering fields
- A sound knowledge of applicable local and international standards and statutory and regulatory requirements
- Experience performing electrical load studies for short circuit, relay coordination, arc flash calculation, motor starting, and electrical harmonics
- Competent use of electrical, instrument, and controls engineering specific software such as: ETAP, SKM Power Tools, SPEL, DIALux, TraceCalc Pro, AutoCAD, MicroStation, Navisworks, Competent use of Microsoft Office
- Substantial technical and practical experience in electrical engineering in the same or similar industry including experience in working in multi-disciplinary projects and teams.