Airswift is seeking a Senior Electrical Engineer to work on a 12-month assignment in Perth, WA.
Responsibilities will include:
- Preparing and overseeing the production of detailed electrical engineering deliverables including drawings, specifications, scopes of work, calculations, technical reports, datasheets, tender documentation, budgets, and schedules.
- Undertaking and reviewing protection coordination, arc flash hazard assessments and defining mitigating solutions.
- Undertaking tender bid evaluations and providing input and advice during procurement, construction and commissioning activities.
- Upholding the change management process and ensure that the project and any changes to the project comply with company systems, policies, and processes.
- Produce high quality well-structured and coherent technical reports documenting study findings, results, and recommendations.
- Undertaking technical verification of project deliverables.
- Direct and coordinate the workshare electrical engineers, designers and technical personnel in the execution of the project plus provide technical guidance (as required).
- Proactively seek an understanding of the safety hazards and risks (including HAZIDs/HAZOPs) associated with the asset lifecycle of the designed product, plant or structure; be responsible for action and close out where relevant.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical and or power engineering.
- Experience working on brownfield projects in the Mining and Resource industry.
- Experience across the phases of engineering projects from feasibility/conceptual studies through to detailed design and execution.
- Remarkable understanding of arc flash hazard assessment and calculations in line with IEEE1584:2018.
- Highly effective organisational skills including the ability to plan, set goals, prioritize, manage schedules and budgets.
With more than 7,000 contractors and 700 employees in over 60 offices worldwide, our talent pool and geographical reach are unmatched in the industry. For 40 years, Airswift has been passionately transforming lives through the workforce solutions we provide, including talent acquisition, global employment and mobility, managed solutions and consulting. We provide strategic support to our customers, resulting in trusted partnerships that are aligned and efficient. Our team of experts are ideally positioned to meet your needs, whether that is finding top talent, mobilising people around the world, implementing an agile workforce strategy or improving decision-making for workforce planning.
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia will be considered. (Australia Citizen, PR Holder, or Valid Australia working VISA)