Working on rail renewals and sustaining projects and reporting to the Environmental Manager, you will be responsible for driving a compliant and positive environmental culture. You will be working alongside a tenured project team and other environmental professionals, assisting with collating data and information for approvals, environmental management plans, sustainability reports and providing overall support to the project team. Your day to day will look like:
- Provide environmental guidance, diligence, and consistency to internal and external stakeholders
- Monitor and communicate changes to relevant legislation, regulations, and codes of practices
- Support the project team in achieving project deliverables and environmental milestones, while providing timely and fit for purpose strategic advice
- Develop and review required environmental reports and project documentation
- Validate data and maintain the Environmental databases
- Undertake investigations to improve environmental performance
- Interact with various stakeholders and become a trusted advisor for large scale Major Projects
- Work within a diverse, welcoming and high performing team
- Ad hoc site visits to unique and exciting locations, particularly in the Pilbara Region of WA
We are looking for someone with exceptional attention to detail, who enjoys having a supportive and experienced team surrounding them. Ideally you will come with some experience working in the Pilbara and surrounds with a knowledge of approvals and assessments of environmental aspects in a mining environment. We’re also looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Science/Management or related discipline
- Previous experience working in a similar position, preferably within a mining/resource environment
- Technical experience in environmental impact assessments and approvals within the Pilbara and surrounds
- Working knowledge of current State and Federal Environmental Legislation
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a co-operative manner across all levels of the company
- Willingness to attend site on an ad hoc basis
- Experience in GIS with the ability to identify and mitigate potential environmental impacts, manage large quantities of spatial data and run environmental/GIS models
Interested? We would love to hear from you!
Apply now or contact Sarah Stewart on +61 409 939 083 or email Sarah at Sarah.Stewart@Airswift.com if you require further information.
We want every individual to truly feel like they belong when at work. Diversity and inclusion is a key part of our culture and success. Applications are welcome from all backgrounds. Candidates require current and unrestricted Australian work rights to be considered for this role.
With over 1000 employees and 9,000+ contractors operating in over 130 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry and the level of experience, exposure and expertise that the organisation has is unparalleled.