Sr. I&C Telecom Engineer – Houston, TX
Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients. With over 800 employees and 6,000 contractors operating in over 50 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry and the level of experience, exposure and expertise that the organization has is unparalleled.
Our client is seeking a Senior Instrument and Controls (I&C) Engineer to work within their facilities located in Houston, TX, for a 1-year assignment.
The Senior Telecommunications, Instrument, and Controls Functional Engineer will provide technical assurance and guidance for all telecommunications, security, and control systems matters during the conceptual design, development, detailed design, and throughout the start-up phase of LNG and net-zero infrastructure and renewable projects that the client is developing.
The Senior Telecommunications and I&C Engineer will work as functional support to the client’s Engineering and Construction department and support multiple projects and the Owner's team.
Functional duties include supporting the Chief I&C Engineer, reviewing existing the client’s standards, developing new ones where needed, and providing any other discipline support at the functional level.
This role will provide functional support to multiple teams in various projects with the primary responsibilities of reviewing, auditing and inspecting that the EPC's design and construction are fit for purpose and compliant with project specifications and regulations, industry codes & standards. Responsibilities will include ensuring that all telecommunications, security systems, and I&C equipment are designed, purchased, inspected, and installed safely and perform to the requirements of the design. From time to time, this role will be asked to cover during the absence of an I&C engineer assigned to a project. This role will be based in Houston, TX., and will distribute the time between the client and EPC's offices as required.
This role may be asked to travel occasionally for inspections, FATs, or project audits during construction, commissioning, and start-up.
The Senior I&C Telecommunications and Engineer will handle project support and technical administration as dictated by the needs of the client’s engineering and construction group. Occasionally, this role will be required to lead the I&C discipline of a project.
- Provides support during all the phases of the project to which the Senior Telecommunications and I&C Engineer is assigned, including but not limited to developing engineering deliverables including philosophies, reports, specifications, calculations, data sheets, and technical requisitions, scope of works; reviewing technical specifications, material requisitions, technical bid evaluations, drawings, quality assurance documents, tracking project deliverables.
- Audits the EPC's design in all matters related to telecommunication, instrumentation, and control systems, including those inside the vendor packages.
- Designing, developing, and auditing overall telecommunications systems, block diagrams, fiber optic network drawings, telecommunications drawings, installation details, wiring diagrams
- Designing, developing and auditing the design of Fiber Optic network and distribution, Trunked Radio systems, Marine radio systems, Public Address and General Alarm system, Wireless Access system, IP Networks, Structured Cabling, Video Surveillance, Access Control, Intrusion Detection Systems, VoIP systems, and interfaces with IT systems.
- Designing, developing and auditing the design Control Systems and PLCs Networks, Analyzer Networks and other OT networks present in LNG, hydrogen, Ammonia and renewable energy plants.
- Designing, developing and auditing the design of Cybersecurity for operational technology (OT) systems
- Participates in inspections and Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT).
- Works in an audit function, field assignments will vary on each project but may include support or work under Engineering, Construction, Q&A, Commissioning, and Start-up groups.
- Participates or leads special technical studies, reports as may be requested. May supervise engineering I&C staff on the project.
- Performs other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).
- Control Systems and OT network design.
- Control Systems Networks, Local Area Networks, Fiber Optic network and distribution, Trunked Radio systems, Public Address and General Alarm system, Wireless Access system, IP Networks, Structured Cabling, Video Surveillance, Access Control, Cybersecurity of OT systems.
- Full use and application of standard Telecommunications, Security and I&C engineering principles/techniques. Understanding of engineering design and construction techniques in other related disciplines.
- Subnetting, VLAN design, Ethernet switching and routing. CCNA or equivalent certification in Routing and Switching.
- Experience with various wireless technologies including point-to-multi-point, point-to-point, mesh, and 802.11 wi-fi.
- Knowledge of the codes and standards used in the LNG industry such as API, BS, ISO, ASME, ANSI, IEC, ISA. Must possess solid knowledge of NFPA 59A, NFPA 72, NFPA 70 standards, 49CFR 193.
- Knowable of permitting and licensing requirements and processes for radio, land mobile, tower structures, FCC and FAA regulations, working knowledge of parts 90 and 101 of CFR47 (FCC regulations)
- Detail Engineering of Telecommunication Systems including CCTV, ACS, PA/GA, Control Systems Networks, Local Area Networks and Telephone Systems.
- Control Systems and other OT Networks.
- Basic knowledge of the life cycle of an LNG project and the project management and execution process. Understands key activities, milestones and deliverables at each project stage and factors that may impact the development completion of the project/facility.
- Applies basic project management skills/ techniques and safe work/safe operations principles.
- Must be able to conduct economic analysis and prepare budgetary estimates.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Bachelor's Degree with at least three years of field construction experience.
- 8+ years of experience in Telecommunications systems design, detailed design, and construction; with at least three years of field construction required.
- Valid TWIC Card required.
- Experience in LNG projects preferred.
- Experience in commissioning and start-up preferred.