Our client is seeking a Senior / Lead Electrical Designer to work within their facilities located in Perth, WA supporting their refinery operations.
The Senior Engineer will lead discipline-specific engineering efforts for multiple brownfield upgrade projects, ensuring high-quality design and execution. This pivotal role involves collaborating with the Alcoa Baseload Team, acting as a liaison between site teams and the Resources Portfolio team to drive successful project delivery.
- Provide specialized engineering services in alignment with client and regulatory requisites.
- Lead complex design initiatives, offer mentorship, and diligently review and refine deliverables.
- Leverage your extensive experience in detailed brownfield design and execution.
- Manage the orchestration of engineering tasks, ensuring adherence to project timelines.
- Facilitate effective communication between the Alcoa Baseload Site Team and the Resources Portfolio team.
- Uphold technical rigor through comprehensive design reviews and meticulous checking procedures.
- Exhibit proficiency in brownfield electrical systems modification design.
- Demonstrate expertise in instrumentation, control system interfaces, and Australian electrical standards.
- Familiarity with hazardous area accreditation and functional safety TUV certification is advantageous.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Possess a recognized Bachelor's degree in the pertinent discipline.
- Minimum of 10 years' hands-on experience in the Refinery/Mining Industry or analogous domains.
- Showcase a track record of successful leadership in discipline-specific projects.
- Exhibit autonomy in workload management, time allocation, and budgetary considerations.
- Master equipment sizing, cable routing, lighting design, earthing design, HV switchgear, and MCC design.
- Proficiently generate essential design drawings including SLDs, schematics, and layouts.
Location and Travel:
- Primarily stationed in our Perth Office, supplemented by regular site visits (travel expenses covered).
- Site visits encompass Wagerup, Pinjarra, Willowdale, and Kwinana.
Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients.
Only candidates located within Australia, with full Australian working rights will be considered.
If you would like to be considered for the position, please apply direct to this advertisement with your CV & contact details or contact Fathullah directly firstname.lastname@example.org or +61 (8) 63853680