Overall Job Purpose
To independently define concepts and critical deliverables, lead, plan, manage, control, engineering deliverables required for the assigned project effectively and efficiently according to specified technical requirements, timelines and budget, manage project resources and independently deal with and resolve all issues of the project and provide guidance to the assigned team.
- Understands the specific specifications and requirements of the assigned project and Industry Standard, Classification Society and Regulatory requirements.
- Plans and directs the running of process simulation software, prepares design calculation, performs simulation studies, and reviews the datasheets prepared by Engineers and reviewed by Senior Engineers. Where necessary, directs/prepares/conducts simulation studies
- Directs Engineers and Senior Engineers in the team to develop engineering specifications (drawings, data sheets etc.) specific to the assigned project, reviews them and validates with the Project Manager and client before incorporating them in the RFQs.
- Independently evaluates all the bids received for process and utility packages from various suppliers, performs a technical bid evaluation process, involves in cost estimation, ensures selected vendors meet technical/engineering and delivery requirements as stipulated in the project specifications and gives assessment to the Buyer who will follow up in the tender evaluation, price negotiation and award process.
- Reviews/checks draft drawings and documents from team members and ensure the timely provision of accurate documents and specifications to the successful vendors to enable the latter to execute their work and deliverables.
- Independently manages/develops solutions to technical/engineering and related problems by analyzing the issues/data, interpreting the analysis and evaluating various options/measures using experience, precedents and professional references.
- Visits suppliers, reviews test results of process equipment
- Participates in meetings, reviews progress and addresses interface/implementation/execution issues, escalates where necessary to ensure that the project proceeds timely and smoothly.
- Plans and organizes resources and schedule to meet project timelines and departmental objectives
- Provides technical/engineering support and advice to Construction/Commissioning work at site, trouble shoots and follows up with stakeholders to rectify the gaps or problems.
- Guides/supervises junior Engineers and appraises their performance.
- Bachelor in Chemical Engineering or Master of Engineering
- Minimum 15 years of relevant working experience in process engineering in oil and gas sector
- Previous project experience on FPSO/FSO projects is required.
- Must be conversant of applicable industry standards, Company standards, specifications and procedures for his/her functional area.
- MS Office
- AVEVA Engineering
- Process simulation (e.g., UNISIM Design, etc.)
- Flare system hydraulics (e.g., UNISIM Flare, etc.)
- Piping system transient analysis and hydraulics (e.g., Flowmaster, etc.)
- Fire water system hydraulics (e.g., Pipenet, etc.)
- Separation vessel performance (e.g., MySep, etc.)