Senior Lead Weight Engineer will be responsible to Lead performs estimation, coordination and monitoring of all weight management related activities on project with the target to achieve most accurate estimation of all modules of the FPSO for weighing, dry, lift, operating conditions.
Responsibilities are but not limited to:
- Verify weight data collated from various engineering disciplines, check weight and COG information collected for accuracy and soundness.
- Review Supplier equipment datasheet and general drawings for accuracy of weight and COG information to be use for weight reporting.
- Review weight reports received from vendors and sub-contractors for its compliance with procedure, and accuracy to be use for weight reporting.
- Be responsible for establishing the NTE (Not to Exceed) weights of topsides modules of FPSO and defining COG envelope for each module (Weight Budget), considering the limitations on module lifting capacity, vessel stability and hull structural capacity based on the discussion with client and own the weight budget estimates.
- Proficient in using Excel, Microsoft Word or program writing weight-control programs (preferably but not mandatory), to manage weight database and to issue monthly project weight management report
- Lead in weight awareness, optimization and contribute to weight savings initiatives.
- Support Project Team and Group Lead by reporting, alerting any anomalies, significant increases in weight, COG excursions out of the envelope and missing weight items.
- Preferably 12 – 15 years of relevant working experience in weight control management in the oil & gas or FPSO sector for degree holder.
- Familiarity with FPSO hull and topsides weight control work/standards, with good experience in Structural engineering, and some understanding of other engineering disciplines work.
- Good knowledge of class and regulatory requirements and industry standards for weight management.
- Familiar with MS Office, Auto CAD, Navisworks and Aveva E3D optional.
- Familiar with various oil majors and international weight management procedures/standards.
- Have leadership skills with good communication skills and people development focused.
Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients. With over 800 employees and 6,000 contractors operating in over 50 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry.