St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
Oil & Gas - Midstream
February 15, 2024
Airswift is seeking a Senior Marine Fisheries Advisor to work with one of our major clients in the Oil & Gas industry in Newfoundland and Labrador. This is a 1-year contract with the possibility of being extended.
This will be a part-time position based on project requirements, call-out as required.
As a senior team member with extensive stakeholder management experience, the Senior Marine Fisheries Advisor will provide oversight, advisory and risk management to the marine and subsea program as it pertains to interaction with the fishing industry. You will continuously explore opportunities to improve safety and operational efficiency of marine and subsea activities. You will interface with multidiscipline owner, contractor and fish harvesting teams across project scopes to address challenges and opportunities, drawing on your experience to arrive at safe and efficient solutions.
• Will represent the company on a focused Fishers Liaison Committee established to closely coordinate with fishing industry in areas of project activity.
• Must be willing to travel to areas of project activity for meetings and engagement with fish harvesters.
• Provide guidance & direction for planning of marine operations in order to minimize impacts and interference with fishing activity.
• Interface with key internal stakeholders to promote communication and planning across the business unit.
• Plan, facilitate and document communication with fishers.
• May represent the company at key stakeholder engagement meetings and working groups and events.
• Participate in risk reviews associated with marine activities.
• Must demonstrate leadership by example in health, safety, environment and quality management.
May be required to contribute to, review and steward to the following document, among others:
• Project updates
• Notices to mariners
• Regulatory permit applications
• Project execution plans
• Other deliverables
• Must have prior experience in outward facing fishery engagement role.
• Educational background in environmental science or fisheries science is an asset.
• Minimum 15 years’ experience in progressively responsible environmental, stakeholder management or project leadership roles within the industry, preferably oil and gas industry.
• Experience as member of Owner’s team in the delivery of an offshore project.
• Must have in depth knowledge of fishing industry and geography in Newfoundland, with emphasis on Placentia Bay, Trinity Bay and Grand Banks areas.
• Calm under pressure
• Forward thinking
• Change agility
• Communicates effectively and persuasively
• Works collaboratively
• Drives for results
Physical work environment:
• Office based
• Offshore possible
• Manufacturing facilities
• Construction sites
• Community sites