Airswift is actively looking for a Senior Mechanical Designer with a broad mechanical and utilities skillset to work across multiple sustaining capital projects within the mining industry. The role will be offered on an initial 12-month contract based in the Perth CBD.
The Mining and Infrastructure team continues to deliver design expertise for an array of projects. You will play a crucial role in delivering mechanical engineering design services across a diverse range of projects from conceptual studies to commissioning new facilities within the mining and minerals sectors.
What you will do:
- Design of new greenfield NPI facility and multiple brownfield expansion projects.
- Identify and report on potential deviations – assess and track of effectiveness of designs, work scheduling, resource requirements, and review alignment with project execution plan and client expectations.
- Design of utility services into existing facilities.
- Contribute to the development of implementations of practical solutions.
- Produce models and detailed technical drawings, in accordance with standards, policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate a high standard of health, safety and environmental standards, promoting a culture of safety excellence throughout all project phases.
- 6+ years of experience in mechanical design.
- MicroStation 3D modelling is essential.
- Mining background not essential but preferred.
- Experience ideal with water slurry & dewatering (not complex processing piping).
- Comfortable and able to work in sus cap - multiple projects at once & fast-paced.
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills with a keen eye for detail.
- Our client will be moving to QV1 in June 2024 - modern facilities & great amenities.
- Exposure to different types of commodities, assets, equipment, unique design challenges.
- Flexible start & finish times – fully supportive & open to discussion. (but to foster team collaboration - 4 days in office each week, can work 1 day from home).
- Senior PMs / management team in Sustaining Capital are approachable and friendly, supportive of development.
- Flexibility to also gain exposure to Major Projects to provide ad hoc support.
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia will be considered. (Australian Citizen, PR holder, or Valid Australia working VISA)
If you would like to be considered for the position, please apply directly to this advertisement or send your application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your updated CV/resume & contact details.