Our client is seeking a Senior Mechanical Engineer to work within their facilities located in Wagerup, WA on a 12-month initial contract.
About the Client:
Our client is a top-class EPCM consultancy with an enviable reputation for maintaining their high standards in their delivery of a broad scope of services within the Australian resources market.
They have built a very successful global business off the back of consistently delivering a very high standard of work across their projects.
The business has a culture based around connecting teams of talented, high-performance people to deliver major cutting-edge projects across their chosen markets.
Due to a period of expansion, our client is seeking to add Senior Mechanical Engineer to join their site based team working on expansion projects within their refinery located in Wagerup.
This role will initiate, manage and if required supervise mechanical engineering project deliverables associated with the refinery expansion.
- Deliver mechanical engineering services that meet the client, its customers' and applicable statutory and regulatory specifications, on time and within budget.
- Initiate, manage and if required supervise mechanical engineering project requirements.
- Perform mechanical engineering services such as:
- ensure the project scope is clear and that changes to scope comply with project change management processes.
- prepare and review the production by team of detailed design deliverables including drawings, specifications, scopes of work, datasheets, calculations, and reports.
- conduct or contribute to appropriate studies, analyses and recommend actions.
- prepare / contribute to project documentation such as proposals, estimates, budgets, and schedules.
- participate in relevant meetings, prepare progress reports, and follow required checking procedures.
- estimate engineering hours for projects and track hours to approved budget.
- provide assistance and advice during procurement, construction and commissioning activities.
- Provide specialist technical support, supervision and advice to the discipline and project teams; participate in peer reviews; and consult with relevant resources as required.
- Communicate effectively within the discipline team, with clients and other project stakeholders, and make presentations as required.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships within the clients and other stakeholders.
- Proactively resolve any discrepancies between clients and its client’s requirements.
- Identify issues and problems; develop appropriate and innovative solutions and ask for assistance if required.
- Keep up to date with the latest developments and technical innovations in the discipline.
- Within the Mechanical discipline fields:
- Excellent technical and practical engineering skills and able to consistently deliver quality, accurate and timely work to the clients.
- An excellent knowledge of the fundamental requirements of the discipline, including:
- Brownfields Engineering
- Equipment layout
- Fluid system analysis and design particularly of slurry systems
- Design of pressure equipment
- Design of materials handling equipment
- Read and interpret drawings, including general mechanical, piping, and P&ID drawings.
What you will bring:
- A recognised and relevant engineering degree.
- A Background in Mining will be preferred.
- Highly effective technical and practical engineering skills and ability to consistently deliver quality, accurate and timely work to the clients and its customers.
- A sound knowledge of the fundamental requirements of the mechanical engineering, and the basic requirements of other engineering fields.
- A sound knowledge of applicable local and international standards and statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Competent use of mechanical engineering specific software such as AFT Fathom/ Fluids Flows, Non compressible and compressible fluid system analysis, Navisworks, Bluebeam / Adobe Suite
- Mechanical Engineering Degree recognized by Engineers Australia.
Only candidates located within Australia, with full Australian working rights will be considered.
If you would like to be considered for the position, please apply direct to this advertisement with your CV & contact details or contact Visa directly firstname.lastname@example.org or +61 (8) 61875360. I'm on LinkedIn as Visanantini Mahendran! Feel free to connect with me.