Our client currently seeks a suitably experienced and qualified Senior Mechanical Engineer to join their high performing project team to drive and deliver safe and sustainable ‘fit for purpose’ mechanical engineering services for a large international project facilitating the design of a new fertilizer mine. The role will be based in Perth, WA and offered on an initial 12-month contract.
Your responsibilities will include;
- Deliver mechanical designs in line with project scope.
- Perform mechanical engineering services, including producing detailed deliverables, conducting studies, reviewing supplier data, and evaluating tenders.
- Champion the review process to ensure technical integrity of deliverables.
- Generate well-structured technical reports documenting study findings, results, and recommendations.
- Undertake technical verification of project deliverables within your expertise.
- Prepare project documentation such as budgets, estimates, forecasts, schedules, and reports as needed.
- Direct and coordinate workshare mechanical engineers, designers, and technical personnel while providing technical guidance.
- Contribute to project reviews, HAZIDs/HAZOPs, safety in design workshops, and provide bid input for mechanical engineering and design services. Proactively address safety hazards and risks throughout the asset lifecycle and ensure timely resolution.
- Hold an Australian recognized bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering.
- Eligible for Engineers Australia membership.
- Experience in Resource sector projects.
- Proficiency across all project phases from feasibility studies to detailed design and execution.
- Willingness to visit project sites periodically for familiarization, data collection, assessments, inspections, and construction/commissioning support.
- Expertise in materials handling systems, including equipment selection, bulk material flow properties, and design of storage and transfer infrastructure with consideration for operations and maintenance (knowledge of AS 4024).
- Proficiency in relevant software, including MS Office Suite and discipline-specific software such as Sidewinder/Beltstat (highly desirable), AFT Fathom/Fluid Flow 3, Ansys Rocky, Navisworks, and PDFXchange/Bluebeam/Adobe Suite.
Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients.
With over 1000 employees and 9,000+ contractors operating in over 70 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry and the level of experience, exposure and expertise that the organization has is unparalleled.
Only candidates located within Australia, with full Australian working rights will be considered.
If you would like to be considered for the position, please apply direct to this advertisement with your CV & contact details or contact Patrick Chick directly via email@example.com or 6146 4363.