An exciting opportunity exists for a suitably experienced and qualified Senior Mechanical Engineer to join my Tier 1 EPCM clients high-performing project team. This role will play a key role in providing mechanical engineering services to its clients within the mining, minerals and metals industry across the construction of production plants and facilities. The role will be offered an initial 12-month contract and be based out of my clients’ facilities within the Perth CBD.
This role will require semi-regular travel to facilities located approximately 75 minutes South of Perth.
Your responsibilities will include;
- Perform discipline-specific engineering services, including:
- Ensure project scope clarity and manage scope changes according to project change management processes.
- Prepare and review detailed design deliverables (drawings, specifications, scopes of work, datasheets, calculations, and reports).
- Conduct relevant studies and analyses, making recommendations.
- Contribute to project documentation (proposals, estimates, budgets, and schedules).
- Participate in meetings, report progress, and follow required checking procedures.
- Estimate engineering hours and track them to the approved budget.
- Provide guidance during procurement, construction, and commissioning activities.
- Offer expert technical support, supervision, and advice to discipline and project teams, participating in peer reviews and consulting with necessary resources.
- Evaluate vendor equipment supply proposals from a technical perspective.
- Actively address discrepancies between our client and its customers’ requirements.
- Identify and resolve issues, developing innovative solutions and seeking assistance when needed.
- Stay updated on the latest developments and technical innovations in the discipline.
- Hold a Bachelor qualification in mechanical engineering recognised by Engineers Australia.
- Possess excellent knowledge in the following discipline requirements:
- Brownfields Engineering
- Equipment layout
- Design of pump and piping systems
- Fluid system analysis and design, particularly of slurry systems
- Pipe stress analysis
- Design of pressure equipment
- Design of materials handling equipment
- Proficient in reading and interpreting various drawings, including general mechanical, piping, and P&ID drawings.
- Skilled in using relevant software, including MS Office Suite and discipline-specific tools such as AFT Fathom/Fluid Flow 3 for non-compressible and compressible fluid system analysis, Navisworks, Bluebeam/Adobe Suite, etc.
Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients.
With over 1000 employees and 9,000+ contractors operating in over 70 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry and the level of experience, exposure and expertise that the organization has is unparalleled.
Only candidates located within Australia, with full Australian working rights will be considered.
If you would like to be considered for the position, please apply direct to this advertisement with your CV & contact details or contact Tiffany Kew via firstname.lastname@example.org