We are currently seeking an extensively experienced and qualified Senior Mechanical Package Engineer to join our Tier 1 EPCM client to work across a major renewables project. This position will play a key role in coordinating key vendor packages for its client within the hydrocarbons, energy and chemicals industries enabling the construction of production plants and facilities. The role will be offered an initial 12-month contract and be based out of my clients’ facilities within the Perth CBD.
Your responsibilities will include;
- Deliver discipline-specific engineering services in compliance with our client, its customers, and relevant statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Provide technical guidance to the mechanical team on static equipment.
- Prepare and review detailed design deliverables, including datasheets, specifications, scope of supply, technical bid evaluations, drawings, calculations, and reports.
- Manage and expedite vendors to align with the project schedule and scope of supply.
- Review, consolidate, and coordinate interdisciplinary vendor data and drawings.
- Liaise with vendors throughout the technical bid evaluation, clarification phase, and package execution and delivery.
- Ensure project scope clarity and manage scope changes in line with project change management processes.
- Contribute to studies, analyses, and recommend actions as needed.
- Participate in relevant meetings and adhere to required checking procedures.
- Technically evaluate vendor equipment supply proposals.
- Proactively resolve discrepancies between our client and its customers’ requirements.
- Identify and address issues and problems, developing innovative solutions, and seeking assistance when necessary.
- Possess a recognised engineering degree in mechanical engineering, with a preference for Chartered Professional Engineer status.
- Demonstrate extensive experience in Package Management on mid-sized to major projects.
- Showcase proficiency in static equipment package management, encompassing document review, consolidation, and familiarity with equipment design standards, including Shell and Tube heat exchangers, Air cooled heat exchangers, Process columns with internals, drums, and separators.
- Display a working knowledge of pressure equipment design standards, such as ASME and Australian standards, including Australian requirements for verification and registration.
- Display a working knowledge with API and TEMA standards for the static equipment mentioned above.
- Demonstrate experience in handling refinery equipment material requirements and selection, with an emphasis on mitigating common failure mechanisms related to substances like Hydrogen and H2S.
- Possess an understanding of piping and pipe supports, including their interfaces with mechanical equipment.
- Show proficiency in using software, including MS Office Suite and discipline-specific tools such as Navisworks, Bluebeam, and Adobe Suite.
Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients.
With over 1000 employees and 9,000+ contractors operating in over 70 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry and the level of experience, exposure and expertise that the organization has is unparalleled.
Only candidates located within Australia, with full Australian working rights will be considered.
If you would like to be considered for the position, please apply direct to this advertisement with your CV & contact details or contact Patrick Chick directly via firstname.lastname@example.org or 6146 4363.