Senior Mechanical Piping EngineerAirswift is seeking a Senior Mechanical Piping Engineer to work on a 2-year contract for a leading engineering company
Brief Job Overview
Airswift is proud to partner with a leading engineering company, who are seeking a Senior Mechanical Piping Engineer to be based in Dar es Salaam to work on a large pipeline project. The successful candidate will be responsible for coordination between the company and their contractors for engineering relating to pipeline delivery, for providing a response to technical queries, deviation requests, information, and clarifications.
- Support the Construction in resolution of technical problems preventing the timely execution of the works.
- Review Construction Method Statement for Engineering HSEQ to ensure delivery and quality of construction work packs.
- Review of Pipeline erecting and testing Method statements.
- Support Construction schedule from area construction to system/sub system completion.
- Review of Contractor submitted documents.
- Support Quality group for non-conformance resolution in accordance with the PROJECT requirements.
- Ensure all IFC documents, information and their revisions are managed to the Construction schedules for execution.
- Familiar with National and International standards and legislative requirements related to the discipline scope.
- Experience on model review in SP3D / E3D / PDS / PDMS platform is essential.
- Conducting work in accordance with EACOP project Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems (HSEQ)
- Identify scope and schedule changes in accordance with the Change Control Process.
- Ensure that designs comply with the relevant Codes, Standards, Regulations and Procedures
- Provide technical assistance to discipline assigned personnel, encourage, and record their development and training.
- Manage vendor attendance and close out reports.
- Provide Daily/Weekly work status reporting.
- Ensure Pipeline Master as-built records are maintained by Contractors and approved as per as built document procedure and index.
- Provide Field Engineering support to construction, pre-commissioning, and commissioning activities.
- Coordination with Company to resolve assigned technical problems, where required refer to Originating Home Office Engineering.
Job requisites and experience
- Degree (BS / PE) in a Mechanical Engineering discipline or Company agreed discipline qualifications that support the process engineering management and construction execution of onshore Pipeline.
- Chartered Engineer or hold a membership of a related Professional Institute or certification body (preferred)
- Previous experience on EPC Pipeline Projects in Oil and gas industry
- Knowledge and experience of International Codes for Pipeline design, fabrication, and construction API, AMSE, ISO, BS.
- English Speaking.
- Competency within industry applications such as Assure, OMIE, Aconex, SharePoint, Adobe, MS Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project, Autodesk AutoCAD Visio.
- Experience on model review in SP3D / E3D / PDS / PDMS platform.
- Knowledge and understanding of constructability of pipelines.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the supervision of site installations of rotating & static equipment packages
- Demonstrate proficiency in the interpretation of engineering/vendor drawings, plans and specifications
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of pipework hydro-testing, flushing, cleaning and box-up
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of flange management & mechanical bolt torquing methods
- General knowledge of codes such as; API 650, 686, ASME B31.1, B31.3, PCC-1