We are looking for a Senior Piping Designer with utilities piping and mechanical design experience to work across multiple sustaining capital projects within the mining industry. The role is on an initial 12-month contract based in Perth.
The client and its team continue to deliver design expertise for an array of project. You will play a crucial role in delivering piping engineering design services across a diverse range of projects from conceptual studies to commissioning within the mining and minerals sectors. The best part is that they have quality work in hand and a healthy pipeline to look forward to.
What you will do
- Floating resource across multiple projects.
- Liaise with Project Managers, Designers, Engineers, and clients to share updates and address issues whilst adhering to high standards, procedures and policies.
- Identify and report on potential deviations – assess and track the effectiveness of designs, work scheduling, resource requirements, and review alignment with project execution plan and client expectations.
- Workshops, warehouses (e.g. lube systems, compressed air, water, oil – i.e. utilities piping design).
- Contribute to the development and implementation of practical solutions.
To be considered for this role it is envisaged you will possess the following attribute:
- Relevant Advanced Diploma, Diploma or Associate Degree in Mechanical or Piping Engineering.
- 5+ years of experience in mining and utilities.
- Proficiency with MicroStation - 2D and 3D modelling is highly desirable.
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills.
- Comfortable and able to work in sus cap - multiple projects at once & fast-paced.
- A keen eye for detail, good time management and innovative in problem solving.
- Our client will be moving to QV1 in June 2024 with modern facilities & great amenities.
- Exposure to different types of commodities, assets, equipment, unique design challenges. (as opposed to one project, designing the same things day in day out).
- Diverse portfolio of projects – some with a total investment cost of up to $250M.
- Flexible start & finish times – fully supportive & open to discussion. (but to foster team collaboration - 4 days in office each week, can work 1 day from home).
- Sus cap comradery, your peers are willing to provide opportunities for growth & development - approachable, supportive of development if people put in the time and effort, with right attitude.
If you would like to be considered for the position, please apply directly to this advertisement or send your application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your updated CV/ resume & contact details.