To independently handle the piping material activities, prepare, manage, and produce the critical engineering deliverables for the assigned project (that may include short-term assignment to Construction, Commissioning, and Offshore) effectively and efficiently according to the specified technical requirements, timelines, and within budget, and deal independently with and resolve all the issues of the project, and provide guidance to the assigned members.
Responsibilities are but not limited to:
- Works independently to perform the assigned task and develops a solution to technical/engineering and related problems by analyzing the issue or data, interpreting the analysis, and evaluating various options/measures using experience, precedents, and professional references with minimal or no supervision or guidance.
- Understands technical requirements of project specifications and standards, local statutory and regulatory requirements, Classification society requirements, and applicable codes and standard industry practices to carry out the piping activities and prepare piping deliverables for assigned projects.
- Carries out the pipe wall thickness calculations using applicable design code.
- Prepares the piping material specification and valve specification by using and modifying the corporate specifications suitably to match the project-specific requirements.
- Prepares piping insulation specification, and flange management specification (bolt torquing and tensioning) by using the corporate specifications and modifying these to meet the project requirement.
- Prepares bill of materials for piping bulk items (like pipe, flanges, and fittings), valves, piping specialty items, gaskets, stud bolts and nuts, and pipe support materials.
- Provides piping unit weight inputs for weight control reports.
- Prepares data sheets for process-critical and non-critical piping specialty items obtaining the process parameters required for the design and manufacturing of process-critical items.
- Prepares requisitions for piping bulk items, valves, piping specialty items, gaskets, stud bolts and nuts, spring supports, cargo tank heating coil (marine), valve remote control system (marine) and performs a technical evaluation of bids received from various suppliers to ensure shortlisted vendors meet technical requirements as per project specifications, and provides an assessment on technically acceptable bids for Buyer to follow up tender evaluation further to conclude and award the purchaser order.
- Conducts kick-off meetings with successful suppliers to ensure a clear understanding of the scope of supply, technical requirements, documentation, and delivery conditions to enable the supplier to execute the work strictly as per the purchase order, reviews supplier drawings and documents, and shares the relevant data with engineering contractor to get it incorporated in piping layout design.
- Works closely with suppliers and contractors concerned to resolve technical issues and visits supplier’s manufacturing facilities to witness the FAT, where necessary.
- Provides technical support and advice to construction yard and commissioning work at the site. Where necessary, provides off-site support and guidance.
- Supports the Lead Piping Engineer and assists in preparing lessons learned during the course of execution of the project for further processing through MIMS.
- Shares the knowledge and experience with team members and guides the engineers in carrying out the assigned task the right a correctively.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor in Mechanical Engineering or Master of Engineering.
- Minimum 15 years of relevant working experience in piping engineering in the oil and gas sector, preferably in FPSO or Offshore processing facilities
- Software: MS Office, AutoCAD, E3D, Navisworks, CAESAR-II.