Airswift is seeking to invite an experienced Planning Engineer to join one of our clients in the marine oil and gas sector.
The overall Job Purpose: To perform single or multiple specific tasks in developing and maintaining a logically linked schedule for a designated section of assigned project(s) or a segment of more complex assignment and prepare relevant reporting and analysis to effectively and efficiently communicate project status at regular intervals.
- Under the supervision of Lead Planner or a direct report of this position, collate and compile the necessary information to support timely schedule development and reporting.
- Develop the project planning and progress measurement procedures in accordance with project requirements and ensure proper implementation in the course of work.
- Understand the technical scope of the work and the right sequence and duration of activities to create a viable project plan.
- Develop and maintain logically linked, resources loaded (where applicable) detailed plans using Company planning tools and best industry practices.
- Track project progress and challenge project stakeholders including subcontractors involved with planning and progress measurement activities.
- Consolidate and check consistency of planning and progress data.
- Produce and maintain workforce histograms, progress s-curves and Key Performance Indicators (KPI) in connection with the schedule(s).
- Provide ad-hoc reports, “look-ahead”, critical path reviews, “what-if” scenarios, and other relevant tools that will assist in planning and schedule analysis.
- Assess and communicate schedule impacts of all changes envisaged as part of the management of change process.
- Recognize opportunities and resource optimizations to most efficiently execute the planned set of activities.
- Contribute and participate to the Project Risk Management process by providing planning input and identifying schedule impacts for risks’ occurrences.
- Perform schedule risk analysis using company tools and best industry practices.
- Provide guidance and support to less experienced planning staff as required.
- Compliance with HSSEQ Requirements and Code of Conduct and the Group’s Code of Business Conduct & Ethics and Policies
- Degree in Engineering, Science, Business Management, or Operations Management
- Certification(s): PMI Scheduling Professional (PMI-SP) preferred
- 8 years of planning experience in oil and gas industry (or) 12 years of planning experience in other industries with sound knowledge of Oil & Gas process and FPSO projects
- Knowledge of project management, risk management and change management processes
- Previous working experience in a senior role is preferred
- Oracle Primavera P6
- Microsoft Office Excel
- Microsoft Project