Airswift are searching for an experienced Power Systems Engineer to join an EPC responsible for delivering renewable energy projects in Melbourne. Associated functions would include grid connection compliance with Australian Energy Market Operator (AEMO) and the preparation of technical documentation. This is an exciting opportunity to propel your career by working in a challenging and dynamic environment where you're empowered to deliver results and work on live control systems.
- Location – Melbourne
- Duration – Full time – Permanent
- Liaising with AEMO, NSPs and other regulatory bodies to attend to and resolve inquiries for grid connections.
- Use PSSE to determine load flow and short circuit analysis plus other energy modelling tools to create energy models for utility-scale renewable energy projects.
- Management of grid connection applications, and scoping of tasks required to be conducted by consultants.
- Attend construction sites as required for witness testing and commissioning.
- Ad-hoc travel to assist in power system validation during commissioning and on as-needs basis for client meetings.
- Electrical Engineering Degree (Bachelor or Master)
- Experience with the NEM connection application process.
- 3+ years’ experience working as a power systems or grid connection engineer in Australia.
- Working experience in EPC, PV and BESS is welcome and an advantage.
- Good communication skills (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
Applicants must be eligible to live and work full time in Australia.
Please apply if you hold the above qualifications and experience. Due to the high volume of applications, unfortunately only successful candidates will be contacted.
My client recognises the value of equal employment opportunity and is committed to promoting fairness, equity and diversity in its workplace hence we encourage applications from people with a variety of experience and backgrounds. In addition, we recognise that everyone’s personal circumstances differ and thus understand the importance of offering flexibility in the working arrangements of our personnel, to ensure that we attract and retain a diverse and dynamic workforce.