Key Skills: Electrical Engineer, FEED, Detailed Design
Duration: Permanent (Contract Workers may be considered)
Salary / Package: Competitive salary plus benefits
Recruitment Partner: Airswift Account Manager: Karen Robertson
As a global leading provider of engineering, procurement and construction management expertise to the energy, chemicals, and resources sectors we are proud to be able to expand our UK team and have partnered with Airswift to support our recruitment plans.
We are currently recruiting for a Senior or Principal Electrical Engineer to join our team based in Woking, supporting energy industry clients in FEED and Detailed Design modification projects.
What can we offer you
Fantastic permanent opportunity to work on key energy industry projects.
Key Responsibilities and background:
- Manage electrical engineering services that meet company, clients’ and applicable statutory and regulatory specifications, on time and within budget.
- Manage electrical engineering project requirements.
- Manage electrical engineering services such as:
- Participate in relevant meetings, prepare progress reports and comply with required checking procedures
- Ensure the project scope is clear and that changes comply with project change management processes
- Provide advice during procurement, construction and commissioning activities. For example, oversee requisitions, technical bid evaluations and purchase order preparation.
- Act as the electrical engineering Lead on specific projects.
- If responsible for a team:
- Outline project requirements including actively promoting workshare, where appropriate, assign tasks and supervise progress; and
- Ensure the required services meet applicable statutory and regulatory requirements, on time and within budget.
- Proactively resolve any discrepancies to meet Client requirements.
- Keep up to date with the latest developments and technical innovations in electrical engineering.
- If required, assist and support in developing personnel within the electrical engineering team.
- Communicate effectively with the electrical engineering team and project stakeholders, including the Customer.
- Identify issues and problems, develop appropriate solutions, and ask for assistance when required.
Critical Skills & Personal Attributes:
- A recognised and relevant engineering degree.
- Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng) status is preferred.
- Excellent technical and practical engineering skills and ability to consistently deliver quality, accurate and timely work to clients.
- Excellent knowledge of the fundamental requirements of the electrical engineering, and the basic requirements of other engineering fields.
- Excellent knowledge of applicable local and international standards and statutory and regulatory specifications.
- Competent use of relevant software such as ETAP or similar.
- Working knowledge of DIgSilent Power factory and PSCAD software is a plus.
- Extensive technical and practical experience in electrical engineering in EPC or similar industry.
- Prior experience reviewing and approving Engineering Deliverables
- Commercially aware
- Able to operate in an integrated team environment supporting and leading others with a desire and ability to build trust and respect throughout the team
- Very good leadership, communication, and negotiation skills with proven ability to work on complex technical projects and leading multidisciplinary and culturally varied teams
- Good organizational skills and a structured working approach with an eye for details while at the same time keeping the large overview
- Delivery focused and committed to achieving project and company goals
- Flexible and able to comply and adapt to company or client requirements
- Willing to travel within the UK and worldwide as and when required by the projects.
The next step
We have an exceptional team in place, and we are pleased to be able to appoint a further person to our growing business. We are aware that you may not ‘tick all the boxes’, but if you believe you can genuinely offer some valuable skills and experience to our business, please in the first instance contact our recruitment partner Airswift, and the account manager, Karen Robertson