The Process Systems Engineering Group provides engineering and commissioning support for new capital industrial gas plants that serve all industry including Petrochemical, steel, electronics industries for example.
This open position will be part of North America Engineering Team as part of Process Engineering. The position will be in Stationed at our World Headquarters in Allentown Pennsylvania, or our offices in Buffalo, NY or Houston, TX.
The primary responsibilities of the Process Systems Engineer are the following:
- Manage the projects P&ID’s, functional logic tables, alarm and trip settings, critical safety tables and operating procedures/training manuals.
- Participate in the hazard review process and other safety evaluations (SIL and Fault Tree Experience a plus).
- Coordinate functional issues involving plant reliability, operability, and maintenance, while providing technical liaison support to Global Operations.
- Manage and provide input into the plant design by reviewing the 3D piping model and overall facility arrangement (Plot Plan).
- Participate in the DCS (Distributed Control System) staging (SAT, Software Acceptance Test) and field validation.
- Participate and help plan field-commissioning activities including Operational Readiness Inspections (ORI), Plant Start-up and assist with the development and implementation of reliability test plans.
- Provide feedback and support to our product teams from actual project experience.
- Mentor and help train less experience Systems Engineers to improve our ability to move with speed and self-confidence.
- BS ChE/ME with at 10+ years in new plant engineering or plant process engineering with a focus on plant operations/startups.
- Possess a balanced multi-discipline understanding in process engineering, DCS/PLC controls (Process Controls knowledge), Process Safety and equipment/plant design.
- Ability to make balanced decisions weighing operability, reliability, capital costs and operating costs.