Location: Groningen, Netherlands – EU travel to be expected
Start date: ASAP
Recruitment partner: Airswift
Account Director: Anthony Hughes
Airswift are a Global recruitment & payrolling company, who are partnered with a European leader in building product manufacturing. We are supporting them with some senior positions in their business, and we are currently looking for a Senior Process Engineer.
The position of Senior Process Engineer is to support the process engineering team for bitumen membranes and to ensure the support of production plants in process monitoring/optimization and savings projects.
Role & Responsibilities
- Lead/coordinate project teams as a project manager or project support engineer.
- Provide technical production line support focused on process and equipment.
- Respect safety rules.
- Understand and optimise bitumen membrane and liquid manufacturing processes including measurement/control and peripheral equipment.
- Monitoring of available measurement and process monitoring technologies and assessment of their usability for the processes. Choosing the right technology.
- Define equipment/system specifications according to process requirements
- Coordinate project teams consisting of internal experts, external engineering companies and you align projects with Technical Centre, local plant managers and plant personnel
- Provide technical support for the production plants during equipment/system installation, testing and commissioning.
- Support in trouble shooting and Quality topics by process analysis
- Contribute to process design reviews and capability studies.
- Perform other additional duties as assigned
Required Experience & Skills
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Engineering (Mechanical Engineering or Chemical Engineering, Process Automation)
- Proven track record in managing process optimization projects
- Knowledge of raw materials used for bitumen membrane production, process automation, online process monitoring / sensor technology
- Expertise in mechanical equipment and process technology and deep knowledge of engineering fundamentals.
- Ideally experience with manufacturing processes of bitumen membranes and fluids, including peripheral equipment and process monitoring
- Knowledge in standard manufacturing concepts, practices and procedures
- High analytical skills (data analysis, conclusions, suggested actions)
- Ability to interpret specifications and drawings and ability to process technical data into understandable formats
- Willingness for frequent international business trips and to work at different locations
- Strong communication and organisational skills. Fluent in English, knowledge in German Dutch is an advantage
- Team player, proactive, solution oriented, willing to learn, curious, open for new topics
We have an exceptional team in place, and we are pleased to be able to appoint a further person to our growing business. We are aware that you may not ‘tick all the boxes’, but if you believe you can genuinely offer some valuable skills and experience to our business, please in the first instance contact our recruitment partner Airswift.