As a global leader within the energy business, who have been established for over 100 years, we are proud to be able to expand our UK team and have partnered with Airswift to support our recruitment plans.
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Process Engineer to join our team based in Woking, to work on an ever-growing Oil & Gas project.
What can we offer you
Fantastic opportunity to work for well-respected specialists within the Energy industry, on a thriving Oil & Gas project. Excellent rates, holiday accrual and hybrid working arrangements.
Key Responsibilities and background:
- Reporting to the lead engineer on a feasibility, concept, FEED, detailed design or EPC project.
- Can be technically responsible for an area of work and supervises preparation of specific deliverables.
- Undertaking specific tasks/ area of work as defined by the lead/ principal engineer.
- Identifying and resolving discrepancies and divergences from original proposal/ contract under the supervision of the lead/principal enginee.
- Participating in factory acceptance tests.
- Supporting the preparation of the process TDR and executes allocated tasks within the requirements of the project execution plan and TDR.
- Ensuring compliance with the client's ISO accredited QMS, and project specific procedures, guides and standards.
- In consultation with process group manager takes responsibility for identifying own development needs and ensuring that agreed development goals are met taking due cognisance of project commitments.
- Performing related duties as and when instructed by lead/ principal engineer or group manager.
- Undertaking specified tasks/ areas of work dependant on size and complexity of project, as defined by the lead engineer or project/ project engineering manager.
- Supervising and checking the work of other engineers as delegated by the lead engineer/ group manager.
- Responsible for communicating technical/ project issues potentially impacting the project to the lead engineer.
- Senior engineer is accountable to the lead/principal engineer or project engineer (dependant on size and complexity of the project) in the project environment.
- Responsible for personal training and development in consultation with Process Group Manager.
- The corporate reporting line is to respective Process Group Manager.
Critical Skills & Personal Attributes:
- Degree qualified in relevant engineering discipline.
- Engineering degree, honours or equivalent in Chemical Engineering or similar.
- Exposure to consultancy, FEED/ detailed design and EPC projects.
- Knowledge of applicable international and industry specifications, standards and codes.
- Knowledge of safety and quality procedures and best practice.
- Activity scheduling and discipline priorities.
- Good coordination, monitoring and supervisory skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Cost awareness.
- Proactive approach.
- Attention to detail.
- Team player.
- Ability to meet schedules and deadlines.
- Analytical and problem-solving mind set.
We have an exceptional team in place, and we are pleased to be able to appoint a further person to our growing business. We are aware that you may not ‘tick all the boxes’, but if you believe you can genuinely offer some valuable skills and experience to our business, please in the first instance contact our recruitment partner Airswift, and the account manager, Richard Parker.