Airswift is currently looking for a Senior Structural Engineer, for one of our largest projects in Grangemouth, Scotland. This position has a Monday-Friday schedule. The length is a 12-month contract with the possibility of an extension. We are looking for candidates with the drive and commitment to make a genuine difference in our performance to ensure that the company continues to differentiate itself from competitors by delivering quality service to our client’s requirements.
The Senior Structural Engineer will be responsible for:
- Maintain the required technical quality of work.
- Identify scope and schedule changes in accordance with the Change Control Process.
- Ensure that designs comply with the relevant procedures and regulations.
- Ensure as far as is practically possible, that all assigned work is carried out in compliance with the agreed budget and schedule.
- Prepare estimates and schedules and assist in their review.
- Maintain good communication with the client and visit sites when necessary.
- Encourage and provide lateral learning within the project.
- Commitment to and promotion of client values and ensuring the realization of company and project health, safety, environmental, quality and ethics, systems, policies, and procedures.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in appropriate engineering subject.
- Competent in the use of analytical methods used within the discipline including theoretical background for analysis programs.
- Familiar with and competent in planning progress monitoring, forecasting, and reporting.
- Aware of commercial, contractual, and administrative aspects of engineering.
- Able to estimate man-hours and materials for delegated aspects of work.
- Able to work with other disciplines and draughting sections to meet delivery dates