- Project management & engineering
- Detailed engineering & drafting
- Project services including project controls
- Field engineering and commissioning
- Responsible for design and documentation of steel and concrete structures
- Attending site visits and perform inspections as required
- Support vendor management.
- Perform supporting tasks such as:
- Participate in relevant meetings and workshops such as HAZID, Design Review and Constructability review meetings
- Prepare progress reports and input to project schedule
- Identify Project changes and Prepare change reports as per project change management processes;
- Gather data from multiple sources and prepare engineering studies, analyses, calculations, etc.
- Support technical development of solutions, recommendations and creates final documentation for project deliverables.
- Assist in coordinating multidisciplinary scopes.
- Presenting designs and running design review meetings within the team as well as with the client.
- Preparing material requisitions and Scope of Works
- Participate in bid clarifications, conducts bid evaluations, completes inter-discipline vendor information review and approval, and finalizes other certification activities.
- Supervise structural drafting to deliver project requirements autonomously
- Where opportunities arise, support the lead structural engineer on specific projects where the responsibility include
- Scope management
- Cross disciplinary coordination to ensure successful delivery of Customer’s requirement
- Keep up-to-date with the latest developments and technical innovations in structural engineering.
- Support effective communication with the structural engineering team and project stakeholders, including the customer.
What you will bring
- Bachelor of Structural/Civil Engineering degree
- 15 years plus experience in structural engineering design in brownfield mining and/or oil & gas industry
- Familiar with using Australian design codes.
- Ability to undertake regular travel to various Alcoa site
- Keen attitude to learn new design tools as well modes project delivery
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Previous experienced with performing site inspections will be advantageous
- Be highly driven with a focus on delivery and service
- A sound knowledge of applicable local and international standards and statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Competent in Spacegass and common steel connection design software
- Familiarity with alumina refinery or similar industry is desirable but not essential
- Agile with working in multiple platforms and environment including the use of 365 suite and various other collaboration tools
- Worked in team with diverse background
Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients.
With over 1000 employees and 9,000+ contractors operating in over 130 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry and the level of experience, exposure and expertise that the organization has is unparalleled.