The purpose of the role:
To independently handle critical engineering deliverables, manage certain structural scope of work effectively and efficiently according to the specified technical requirements, timelines and budget for the assigned project, and assist project structural lead to resolve critical structural issues of the project. With sufficient years of experience, the incumbent may be assigned to be Project Lead Structural Engineer.
- Understand Technical Requirements Understand in depth the relevant Project Specifications, Industry Standards, Classification Society and Regulatory Requirements.
- Preparation of Specifications and Philosophy assists in developing design specifications, guidance document, typical drawings, guidelines of the assigned project and validates them with the Lead Engineer before issuing them for use.
- Analysis and Design Scope Independently design and construct complex offshore structure analysis model, perform analysis and prepare technical reports such as drawings, calculations, MTO and WCR.
- Design Review and Quality Control Independently review team and sub-contractor/consultant analysis models, reports and drawings for their quality and performs optimization and design improvements.
- Basic Technical Calculations: Independently perform simple structural calculation using excel sheet or hand calculations for local structures (padeyes, stiffeners, simple beams, pipe supports etc.) and prepares the calculation report.
- Material Take Off (MTO) & Weight Control Report (WCR) Preparation: independently prepares MTO & WCR for in-house design structures, review/verify the MTO/WCR prepared by engineering subcontractor, consolidate weights from contractors / suppliers and prepares overall WCR for topsides / overall FPSO.
- Team and Subcontractor / Vendor Management: Closely interact and assist Lead Engineer in coordinating with other engineering disciplines/sub-contractor/vendors/consultants.
- Interface Management: Resolve all structural related interface issues with other disciplines and vendors supplying mechanical and EPC packages.
- Construction Support (Construction & Integration): Provides technical /engineering support and advice to Construction work, respond to Technical Queries, review technical documents, and follow up to rectify the gaps or problems. Where necessary, provides off-site support.
- Proposal and After Sale Tasks: Provides technical support and solutions at bidding / FEED stage. Provide after-sales technical support and solutions for technical queries raised by Operation team.
- Administrative Tasks: Participates in meetings with construction and integration sites, reviews progress and addresses interface/implementation/execution issues, escalates where necessary to ensure that the project proceed timely and smoothly.
- HSSEQ: Complies with the company's HSSEQ Code of Conduct and Procedures to protect people and the environment at all times. Has a duty of care to ensure that all personnel work in a manner that is not harmful to their own health and safety and the health and safety of others.
- Complies with the company's Code of Business Conduct & Ethics and Policies to ensure business activities and decisions conform to the laws and regulations and demonstrates high standard of ethical behaviour.
Diploma or Degree in Civil / Structural / Mechanical / Ship Building Engineering with relevant working experience as stated below.
- Diploma: 12 years
- Bachelor: 7 years
- Master: 5 years
- PhD: 3 years
- Advanced Microsoft Office.
- Intermediate AutoCAD.
- Advanced use of analysis software such as SACS, Staad.Pro, FEMAP-Nastran or other FEM software
- Good communication and time management skills.
- High accountability and adaptability skills
- Good problem solver.
- Ability to translate business information to technical requirements.