SITE QC MANAGER
Location: Antwerp, Belgium
Contract duration: initial 12 month contract, with option to extend.
Contract type: hourly rate basis (all-inclusive)
Start Date: January 2024
Recruitment Partner: Airswift
Account Manager: Ryan Kirkpatrick
As one of the world’s leading consulting and engineering companies, operating across Energy and Materials markets, we are proud to be in a position to expand our team in Belgium and have partnered with Airswift in order to help us meet our recruitment objectives in 2023.
We have an opportunity for a SITE QC MANAGER to join the OSBL Team for Ineos Project One, based in Antwerp, Belgium; the successful candidate(s) will be engaged on an initial 12 month contract, with the option for further contract renewals.
Required experience / Qualification:
- Have a minimum of 10 years of experience in the role on large-scale EPC Projects
- Have Solid background in Quality Control processes and extensive field experience.
- Be conversant with the application of PED, ASME and EN 1090 standards.
- Being ISO 9001 qualified Lead Auditor is a plus.
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Result-driven team leader
- Motivate teams / people and be influential among senior leadership
- Be in possession of international current certifications in welding coordination in compliance with IIW, PCN or CSWIP.
- Be in possession of current qualifications in NDT (II Level) in compliance with ISO 9712
- Have a solid knowledge of Completion and turnover management process.
- Excellent command of English language, spoken and written
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Reports site QC activities to Construction Director with a reporting line to Project Quality Manager
- Maintains close communications and coordination with the construction managers and Engineer manager both in the Home Office and site.
- Undertakes regular meetings with Superintendents and QC Engineer to address construction quality matters.
- Provides leadership and governance in respect to day-to-day Quality Control (QC) activities and responsibilities.
- Drives and requires quality performance excellence from Contractors.
- Attends meetings with Contractors as and when required.
- Arrange for the review and acceptance of Subcontractor ITPs, quality plans, method statements, procedures, specifications, material supply and certification, trade tests, etc. prior to work commencing.
- Coordinate discipline appropriate internal review process of Subcontractor documents.
- Review and consolidate comments on Subcontractor documents.
- Assess and approve Subcontractor document status.
- Regulate surveillance inspection levels to ensure quality standards are maintained.
- Manage the QDR or NCR process on behalf of Suppliers or Manufacturers technically.
- Coordinates INEOS and NoBo input into ITPs.
- Support Project Project Quality Manager to develop and manage audit schedule
- Overseeing module fabrication yards activities and provide support to assigned QC managers.
- Liaise & assist with Subcontractor submission of ITPs prior to work commencing.
- Liaise & assist Subcontractor ensuring installations to be compliant with PED requirements (Piping scope)
- Liaise & assist Subcontractor installations to be compliant with EN 1090/ CE requirements (Structural steel scope)
- Collect sufficient and appropriate QC records aimed at confirming compliance with applicable standards.
- Review Subcontractor ITPs, quality plans, procedures, specifications, material supply and certification, trade tests, etc. prior to work commencing.
- Conduct quality inductions for field supervision in respect of the Site Quality Plan, ITP’s, job descriptions, GDP, and issue QC inspection stamps.
- Ensure the contractors execute the work in accordance with the Construction Site Quality Plan, approved ITPs, and procedures within assigned areas.
- Monitor QC inspection in accordance with approved ITPs for all parties.
- Conduct QC sampling and perform trend analysis.
- Ensure the extent of testing complies with project specifications and evaluate the necessity of additional tests.
- Liaise with subcontractor and superintendents for the execution of Inspections and tests concurrently with the execution of the relevant construction and installation works, all items subject to an inspection or test cycle which by their nature or service are to be covered and will be no longer accessible (foundations, underground civil works and networks, surfaces to be treated and later insulated, etc.) shall be inspected and tested before getting covered.
- Conduct assessments of the Contractors for compliance with QC related procedures and ITPs and retain records of the assessments and the status of any corrective measures.
- Make sure only calibrated measuring tools are utilized on site
- Ensure all inspection activities are recorded in the appropriate records.
- Ensure construction punch list items are timely recorded on the completion & turnover database
- Monitor daily reports for Surveillance Inspection by supervision
- Provide a focal point for Request for Inspection submissions by Subcontractors.
- Identify quality related deficiencies/ problems and issue appropriate notifications/reports for effective resolution (QDR and NCR).
- Coordinate a team of QC inspectors.
- Coordinate a team of completion & turnover technicians ensuring correct implementation of the completion & turnover database
Field safety responsibilities:
- Implement HSE procedures and standards in compliance with applicable laws, Health and Safety Documentation and Environmental Management Manual.
- Be diligent and draw attention to unsafe acts, unsafe behaviours, and unsafe conditions.