Senior Software Engineer
Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients. With over 800 employees and 6,000 contractors operating in over 50 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry and the level of experience, exposure and expertise that the organization has is unparalleled.
Our client is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to work remotely for a 12-month assignment.
The ideal candidate will build new capabilities and improve the existing features of the company’s battery control software that will handle significant growth in telemetry data and kilowatts under management, will need a passion for creating amazing UX that is simple and performant, as well as building, maintaining, and enhancing new and existing code bases while working with other members of the agile dev team to build deploy and run software services.
- Architect, design and develop cloud-based monitoring and control tools for defined software features that control and monitor battery based energy storage systems
- Architect, design and develop IoT based web apps and features that monitor industrial sized battery energy storage systems with on-point system visualizations and alerting functions
- Architect, design and develop third party API integrations to enable end to end workflows and real-time data streams for automated system control and monitoring
- Optimize cloud based proprietary algorithms working with data scientist to improve the efficiency and operation of energy resources
- Create intuitive and simple web interfaces for service technicians, customer and internal teams to improve operational efficiency of battery storage software
- Defining and implementing code and system security best practices
- Delivering software features that follow engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, vulnerability and security scans including unit testing and system operations.
- Documenting and demonstrating solution designs by developing documentation, flowcharts, system and data flow diagrams, code comments including clear and efficient code
- Implement and optimize software features for demand charge management, energy arbitrage and day-ahead market participation to increase the value of battery-based energy storage systems
- Develop frontend features that delight renewable energy customers, service technicians, and NOC users
- B.S. degree in Engineering and +7 years of related software development experience in developing industrial control dashboards or IoT systems
- +7 years of experience with application development including cloud development preferably AWS – IoT Core, S3, DynamoDB, Lambda functions, cloud formation templates and container management (Docker)
- +5 year working with frontend frameworks – React, Angular
- +3 years building or improving UX workflows as a software engineer
- +2 years working with CI/CD automation software