Houston, United States
Oil & Gas - LNG
Engineering & Design
November 16, 2023
Airswift is looking for a Sr. Engineer, Civil & Structural to work for a major LNG project in Houston, TX, for an initial 1-year assignment likely to be extended.
Sr Engineer, Civil & Structural is responsible for oversight of the EPC contractor in the execution of the LNG project project, from detailed design through construction and into commissioning. The position will interface closely with the EPC contractor, ensuring execution of all structural design and installation activities are performed to specification and on schedule, meeting the necessary quality standards.
• Ensure the EPC contractor delivers structural design and installation in accordance with standards, specifications, FEED design and contractual requirements.
• Work with the Engineering team to ensure the overall design is safe, fit for purpose and will operate reliably,
• Ensure that the project is executed in accordance with the organization’s safety regulations, with quality conformance and within schedule,
• Ensure efficient communication with other company engineering, operational and functional team members,
• Provide thorough and efficient engineering documentation review, comments and follow-up on due time,
• Take part in internal technical reviews (HAZOPs, Model Reviews etc.)
Minimum experience required for the position
• 10+ years experience of Structural Engineering for onshore steel and concrete structures in major oil and gas projects
• Previous experience in either an EPC or client side position during execution of a major oil & gas project
Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required of the position
• Proficient in the use of structural analysis software
• Well-versed in international codes and standards relevant to the discipline
• Knowledge of AIV / FIV affects on plant and steelwork would be ideal
• Bachelors degree in Civil or Structural Engineering
• Masters degree in Structural Engineering or Analysis preferred
• Communicates effectively at all levels of the organization to ensure clarity in expectations requirements, and deliverables. Excellent analytical skills.
• Team Player, good communication and reporting skills
• Welcomes working in a fast paced challenging and diverse entrepreneurial environment
• Hands-on type of personality