Houston, United States
Oil & Gas - LNG
Engineering & Design
November 17, 2023
Our client, a major LNG Company is seeking a Sr Engineer, Mechanical Rotating Equipment to work within their facilities located in Houston, TX for a 1year contract.
This role is responsible for oversight of the design, specification, installation, commissioning, start up and operation of rotating equipment on RGLNG and NCS projects. Position is responsible for oversight of the EPC contractor’s activities during project execution, initially in detailed design, through to mechanical installation on site, to startup and into operations.
• Serves as rotating equipment subject matter expert during FEED, detailed design, procurement, construction, commissioning, start-up, and operation of projects.
• Collaborates with the Engineering team to ensure that facilities are designed to be safe, fit-for-purpose, and meet the specified operational standards.
• Reviews EPC contractor deliverables including data sheets, design bases, specifications, engineering calculations, vendor documents, engineering studies, reports, and scopes of work.
• Ensure projects align with the organization's safety standards, meet quality benchmarks, and are within cost and schedule.
• Contributes to the creation of mechanical data sheets, drawings, material requisitions, technical evaluations, and equipment specifications for all rotating equipment, such as compressors, pumps, seals, blowers, and motors.
• Participates in technical evaluations, including process hazard analyses, 3D model reviews, and constructability reviews.
• Facilitates rotating equipment related technical discussions with partners such as equipment suppliers, regulators, and technology partners.
• Oversees the creation of comprehensive equipment monitoring and preservation programs and ensures their successful implementation to ensure target facility reliability and availability.
• Participates in commissioning activities such as walk-downs, inspections and pre start-up safety reviews.
• Supervises the EPC contractor on-site to ensure rotating equipment is delivered and maintained in accordance with project standards and specifications, design, and contractual terms.
Minimum experience required for the position
• 10+ years experience in a similar role at an EPC contractor or operator.
• 3+ years experience during execution phase on a LNG liquefaction project.
• Comprehensive understanding of the design, installation and operation of rotating equipment such as Centrifugal Compressors, Gas Turbines, Dry Gas Seals, Process Pumps, Mechanical Seals, and Lubrication Systems. Experience in Weight/Footprint/Noise Reduction and Modularization.
• Experience with Rotating Equipment design engineering studies/analysis/deliverables like Thermodynamic, Aerodynamic, Rotor dynamic Analysis reports, Technical Bid Evaluation, Material specification, Specialty component like bearings and seal specification, driver/coupling data sheets, Equipment layout, Compressor Dynamic Simulation, Reciprocating Machines Pulsation analysis, (Static and Dynamic analysis, Vibration analysis, Condition monitoring, and Performance analysis,) and Rotating Equipment auxiliary seal and lube oil system design and operation.
Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required of the position
• Dedicated to upholding safety, ensuring quality, and protecting the environment.
• Expert knowledge of industry codes and standards (API, ASME ANSI, ISO).
• Strong working knowledge of the hydrocarbon processing industry, including LNG, refining, and petrochemicals.
• Ability to work to project deadlines, assuring the accuracy and timely completion of deliverables.
• Working knowledge of project documents such as PFD’s, P&ID's, equipment specifications, packaged equipment vendor documents, and commissioning and start up procedures.
• Working knowledge of the specifications, operation, and maintenance of multiple types of turbomachinery. Experience with Frame 7 machines and helper motors is desirable.
• Working knowledge of typical work processes employed in the execution of large-scale EPC projects, including management of change, design change evaluations, and requests for information.
• Ability to develop performance criteria and inspect and test turbomachinery.
• Good peripheral knowledge of the contribution of other disciplines such as control systems, rotating equipment, and piping engineering to the success of project execution.
• Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering
• Communicates effectively at all levels of the organization to ensure clarity in expectations requirements, and deliverables
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
• Comfortable working and collaborating with a major EPC
• Team player with solid presentation and reporting skills
• Welcomes working in a fast paced, challenging and diverse environment