Senior Process Engineer – Houston, TX
Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process, and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients. With over 800 employees and 6,000 contractors operating in over 50 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry and the level of experience, exposure and expertise that the organization has is unparalleled.
Our client is seeking an Senior Process Engineer to work within their facilities located in Houston, TX for an one year assignment.
The Investment Engineer is responsible for providing process engineering for the design, start-up, and on-going technical support of the company's LNG facilities.
- Reviews and makes suggestions on engineering documents developed by the contractor.
- Analyzes PFD’s, heat and material balances and PIDs.
- Participates in HAZIDs / HAZOPs and other Safety reviews.
- Develops and/or reviews all process modifications made during the facility on-going operations.
- Supports Engineering and Construction in the process design of the new facilities.
- Possesses a thorough knowledge of LNG and/or Net Zero process engineering and understands the technical issues related to other engineering disciplines (instrumentation, controls, electrical, mechanical, environmental, safety and piping systems).
- Requires competence in the use of process simulation software in order to model process situations as requested to support management decisions.
- Develops and/or reviews project economics and prepares full economic justifications as necessary to support proposed changes to plant assets.
- Participates in the development, reviews, and bidding of technical contracts for the facility operations.
- Inspects equipment at Supplier / Manufacturing facilities.
- Participates in the development of commissioning & start-up procedures.
- Supports Operations staff in resolving technical problems and in engineering capital projects for plant modifications.
- Participates in the development of operating philosophies and detailed operating procedures.
- Reviews operating procedures for compliance with the operating philosophy.
- Proposes changes to operational procedures and process improvements based on observations of facility operating performance.
- Assists with developing training programs and conducts the training of plant management, operations, and maintenance personnel.
- Reviews and provides input into the facility commissioning and startup and equipment performance testing procedures.
- Participates and assists in the initial and periodic performance tests and directs facility commissioning and startup activities as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in chemical engineering, Gas Processing or related field.
- 10 years of process engineering experience
- 5 years of experience in EPC projects
- Background in LNG liquefaction, Petrochemical and/or Net Zero processing facilities.
- Working knowledge of HYSYS, PROSIM, UNISIM, PROMAX
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Intermediate computer skills including database, spreadsheet and word processing skills.
- Able to work with a culturally diverse group of technical individuals from other disciplines that includes electrical, process, instrumentation and controls and mechanical disciplines whose skills cover the range required to engineer, operate, and maintain the company’s LNG & Net-Zero facilities.
- Possesses good planning and organizational skills and meets work deadlines.
- Has contract development and negotiating skills and is experienced in managing technical contracts from inception through execution.