Our client seeks an experienced Static Equipment Engineer to join the client's office in Madrid, Spain for 1.5 years contract.
We are looking for candidates with the drive and commitment to make a genuine difference in our performance to ensure that the company continues to differentiate itself from competitors by delivering quality service to our client’s requirements.
Development of discipline design basis, technical specifications, pro-active management of vendor technical interfaces, leadership in the identification, submittal and resolution of scope changes and deviations, coordination with other disciplines. Position involves ensuring conformance to applicable engineering codes and standards as well as company QA system, policies and procedures.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Prepare and/or review design calculations for pressure vessels and tanks.
- Prepare and/or review technical Specifications.
- Inter-disciplinary delivery checking.
- Prepare and/or review technical clarification of pressure vessel vendor bids to ensure vendor compliance with company standards.
- Prepare and/or review technical reports to support order placement of air coolers, heat exchangers, storage tanks, specialist equipment and filters to ensure vendor compliance with company standards.
- Project technical support and familiarity with risk assessments, design reviews, constructability and Hazards and Operability (HAZOPs).
- Ensure quality and timelines for deliverables.
- Prepare and/or review Vendor proposals/technical clarifications.
- Actively communicate with other disciplines to optimize areas of interface during the design development.
- Coordinate the design effort to support the materials requisitions and ensures these documents comply with the technical project specifications.
- Analyze disputed item from technical and contractual aspects and prepare required official response.
- Responsible for processing and following up change orders requests. As well as preparing required Justification Work Sheet, Issuing Change Order Request to Contractor and lead scope alignment process with Contractor.
Educational & Technical Requirements:
• Bachelor of Science in Engineering or equivalent, chartered status is also preferable
• 10 -15 years of experience in Oil and Gas industry petrochemical project
• Good working knowledge of standards and procedures
• Good knowledge of English, both written and verbal
• Plan & Organize
• Analyze & Solve problems
• Communicating openly & effectively
• Excellence/ Drive for results