Our client seeks an experienced Structural Hull Discipline Lead Engineer to join their office in Schiedam, Netherlands.
We are looking for candidates with the drive and commitment to make a genuine difference in our performance to ensure that the company continues to differentiate itself from competitors by delivering quality service to our client’s requirements.
In your role you are primary responsible for leading the Structural Hull team. The team consists of structural hull engineers and structural hull designers. You and your team will be responsible to provide structural analysis, 3D modelling, construction drawings and construction support for offshore units. You will be interfacing with clients, project management, other disciplines, procurement, construction, classification bureaus and subcontractors. You are responsible for the project budget, progress and quality of your discipline scope.
- MSc or BSc degree or equivalent (i.e. Professional Certification) in Offshore Structures / Naval Architecture with the specialism of structural analysis of floating structures.
- Approximately 10 years of relevant working experience in the field of floating structural design, of which 3 years in the leading role.
- Strong management and communication skills.
- Very good knowledge of floating structure design process, from the conceptual phase to the construction phase.
- Good experience and technical knowledge of structural analysis of global and local hull structures.
- Familiar with rules of classification societies (i.e. ABS, DNV GL, BV and Lloyds).
- Experience in Engineering & Design of floating units in the Oil & Gas Industry.
- Knowledge of structural interfaces with related disciplines i.e. mooring structure integrations, topside Integrations and other equipment integrations.
- Preferably you have experience with ABS hull software ISE/TSA and finite element software FEMAP
- Preferably you have experience with MS Visual Basic programming.
- Professional communication in English (verbal and written)
- We offer a well rewarding job, in a motivated team dedicated to the on-time, in budget delivery of our projects. You could be travelling (intercontinental) depending on project requirements and given the opportunity for personal and professional growth by training, learning on the job and coaching.
- Good primary and secondary terms of employment.
- Flexible working hours.
- Our office is easy to access by car and by public transport.