Our client seeks an experienced Structural Hull - Structural Designer to work in their office in Schiedam, Netherlands in a 12 months contract.
We are looking for candidates with the drive and commitment to make a genuine difference in our performance to ensure that the company continues to differentiate itself from competitors by delivering quality service to our client’s requirements.
As the Structural Designer, your role involves close collaboration with Engineers and other Designers to accurately interpret engineering designs and ensure their precise representation in 2D/3D design software. Your responsibility extends to ensuring the design yields results that are fit for purpose, constructible, and presented in organized drawings. As a Structural Designer, you are expected to apply best practices in your design work and be accountable to the Discipline Manager and/or Discipline Lead for overall performance. Note that the Structural Designer may also act as the Lead Designer for assigned projects.
Development of Design:
- Utilize technical knowledge and software tools to clearly depict the design for easy and accurate interpretation by others.
- Communicate with Engineers and/or Lead Designer to ensure understanding of design intent, minimizing the need for rework.
- Plan and deliver assigned tasks accurately within the agreed time frame.
- Prioritize activities, effectively manage conflicting deadlines, and provide proactive status updates to the Lead Designer.
- Organize documents and deliverables to ensure they are easily understood and located.
- Collaborate with Engineers and other Designers to share information, produce a high-quality product, and resolve design conflicts.
- Escalate unresolved issues to the Lead Designer/Engineer to minimize delays in deliverables.
Measure of Effectiveness:
- Completion of design/drawing against budget and schedule.
- Functionality/constructability/manufacturability of design.
- Be self-motivated to improve technical competencies for assigned tasks.
- Understand how assigned tasks fit within the project schedule and affect other stakeholders in meeting deadlines.
- Demonstrate adaptability in implementing change while ensuring Management of Change (MOC) procedures are followed.
- Ensure consistency of design and symbology, performing self-checks to produce error-free deliverables.
- Collaborate with Package Engineers to ensure timely review of vendor documents and provide comments at the required quality level.
- Comply with project scope, work instructions, specifications, codes, industry standards, and regulations as per project requirements.
- Cost of Non-Quality.
- Demonstrated understanding of design impact on other disciplines.