Key Skills: Engineering, Structural, Integrity
Salary / Package: Competitive rates, plus holiday accrual + pension
Recruitment Partner: Airswift Account Manager: Robert Caldwell
Key words: Structural Integrity Engineer
As a global leader within the energy business, who have been established for over 100 years, we are proud to be able to expand our UK team and have partnered with Airswift to support our recruitment plans.
We are currently recruiting for a Structural Integrity Engineer to join our team based in Epsom, to work on an ever-growing Oil & Gas project.
What can we offer you
Fantastic opportunity to work for well-respected specialists within the Energy industry, on a thriving Oil & Gas project. Excellent rates, holiday accrual and hybrid working arrangements.
Key Responsibilities and background:
- Support the delivery of structural projects for all types of assets for key North Sea clients for all types of offshore facilities including fixed, floating, and subsea structures.
- Working as part of an integrated team covering client interaction and delivery from multiple locations.
- Produce hand calculations and written reports, to linear and non-linear analysis work.
- Develop technical and project skills through targeted training, on the job experience, mentoring, and continuing professional development.
- Focus on the Oil & Gas market, you may also be called upon to support projects in other markets, such as supporting our industry-leading work in the offshore wind market.
Critical Skills & Personal Attributes:
- Engineering degree, honours, or equivalent in civil, mechanical, or structural engineering, naval architecture, or similar.
- Demonstrable experience or university background in a relevant area of structural design or analysis.
- Ability to quickly understand and implement new areas of technical knowledge.
- An inquisitive attitude, and the drive to seek out and progress areas for improvement.
- Adaptability, and the ability to effectively manage and prioritise multiple demands.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with a proven ability to write accurate, detailed, and concise technical reports (e.g., design substantiations, bases of analysis, and calculations).
- Ability to effectively engage with, and work as part of, a multi-disciplinary engineering team.
- Enjoy new challenges and are keen to learn, whilst also wanting to support others within our diverse multi-disciplinary teams.
- Working on multiple fast-paced projects, balancing the need for high-quality design and analysis with the need to deliver within the required time and cost budgets.
- Experience structural design and analysis, with either a civil, mechanical, or structural engineering background.
- Experience relevant to fixed and/or floating offshore structures, such as offshore oil & gas structures.
- Experience working in accordance with engineering design codes and standards would benefit the role, with the ideal candidate showing the ability to establish robust solutions working from first principles based on a strong theoretical understanding.
The next step
We have an exceptional team in place, and we are pleased to be able to appoint a further person to our growing business. We are aware that you may not ‘tick all the boxes’, but if you believe you can genuinely offer some valuable skills and experience to our business, please in the first instance contact our recruitment partner Airswift, and the account manager, Robert Caldwell.