Position: Structures Lead Engineer
Project: MOZAMBIQUE LNG
Starting date: March, 2024
Location: Paris, France
Based in Paris, the Structures Lead engineer will be acting as specialist within the offshore engineering team and assisting the Pipeline Lead Engineer and Technical Manager for all technical matters related to structural design activities performed by the EPCI Contractor.
- Reviewing all relevant Engineering documents throughout all project phases. This includes typically frame structure analysis, foundations, piles, fatigue, installation analyses, etc …
- Review with particular attention the inline structures during installation phase.
- Assisting in Qualification activities for critical items, such as welds fatigue testing
- Technical focal point during Manufacturing, Fabrication/ Welding of all structures and managing the resolution of technical issues.
- Assisting in resolution of interface issues as necessary
- Assisting in analysis of Contractor technical queries and preparation of comments and proposed answers to these queries
- Ensuring that Engineering activities are performed in line with contractual requirement and specifications and issue proper derogations, if required
- Ensuring that HSE requirements are taken into consideration during document review
- Getting assistance from CPY Specialists, or third parties, if required, for specific topics
- Liaise with CTR pipeline engineering team to follow-up detail engineering progress and trouble shoot issue at an early stage.
- Getting feedback from other deepwater projects on pipelines
- Participating in various technical reviews (Hazids, Hazops, Project Technical Reviews …)
- Contribute to lesson learnt of the project and close-out report
The job holder is responsible for:
- The proper implementation of Project Technical requirements (Project Specifications and International codes) as well as good industry practices regarding pipeline design
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCES REQUIRED:
- Graduate degree in a relevant engineering discipline with MSc or equivalent
- 15+ years’ experience working for consulting engineers or oil and gas exploration / production companies with a proven track record in similar positions
- Pro-active with the ability to get along well with others in an international and multi-cultural environment
- Ability to multi-task and work as part of small and flexible team.
- Fluid communicator capable to represent the project and work collaboratively with the EPCI Contractor
- Ability to travel worldwide / USA / Europe / Mozambique
Fluent English required.
Context and Environment:
- Mozambique LNG is a 4 years mega LNG project and includes the development of the Golfinho and Atum offshore gas fields and the construction of a two-trains liquefaction plant with a capacity of 12.9 million tonnes per year (Mt/y) and onshore facilities including port and airport, and vessels. The Area 1 contains more than 60 Tcf of gas resources, of which 18 Tcf will be developed with the first two trains within a budget of 20 B$.