Location: Milan, Italy
The role is office based and the client considers someone who has been site based, as long as have project experience
Hybrid: 2x per week from home
Start Date: September / October
Industries: Large industrial projects (chemicals, O&G, refinery, etc)
We are recruiting for a Subcontracts Lead to join our Projects – with the Process and Chemical Team, focusing on engineering, procurement and construction of complex plants in the Chemical, Petrochemical and Energy industries.
The position will be based in Corsico (Milan) office, with the possibility to work from home up to two days per week.
Being part of the Subcontracting Department, coordinating the team of Subcontract Specialists on the project, ensuring consistency among the team in the selection and management of construction subcontractors.
Your team will have around 15 people, but it is not a fixed team, you’ll act more as project lead rather than team manager. And there is plenty of scope for promotion and growth.
Our Clients and Projects
It’s a future for all of us. We aspire to shape a better tomorrow by unlocking solutions that address the biggest challenges facing our clients and our society.
You will be working for major international clients in the energy market and material market, and you will be part of a team results focused that will provide technical solutions.
What we can offer
- Meaningful and interesting projects delivered to leaders of industry across chemical, petrochemical, oil&gas and emerging energy sectors
- Flexible working arrangements that balance client, team and individual needs offering hybrid working where relevant
- Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion; we are an organisation actively committed to diversity and inclusion across our business
- Competitive salary with regular salary reviews to ensure we are rewarding at the right level in line with the market
- Flexible benefits package; Free shuttle bus from Metro station to the office, company canteen, biannual free medical check-up, free company parking, extra-working accidents insurance
- Commitment to continued professional development; development plans that are tailored to your individual needs and interests
- Global connections; join experts around the world who are at the leading edge of our industry, shaping the standards of our profession
If all of this sounds good to you, review the typical responsibilities of the role and the requirements of the position below, then follow the link to apply and start your journey with us.
- Definition of the Project Subcontracting plan and strategy
- Definition of the project subcontracting procedures as well as project subcontract administration procedures
- Prequalification of Construction Contractors
- Definition of the bidder list for each inquiry
- Preparation of tender documentation as well as definition of appropriate unit price list tailored to the scope of work
- Prepare preliminary bids tabulation
- definition of the short list
- Lead technical & commercial clarification meetings with bidders
- Lease with technical disciplines in getting technical bids evaluation
- Lead the negotiation with the short listed bidders
- Prepare final bid tabulation and awards recommendations
- Prepare the Letter of Award and subsequent contract
- Expedite contract's acceptance
- Support the subcontract administration team at site during the construction works execution
- Lead the close-out process for construction subcontracts at the end of the works
Please see below the requirements that we typically seek for the position. We are not expecting candidates to have everything, and this is not an exhaustive list. If you feel you have relevant experience and qualifications even if they are not a 100% match, then please do apply.
- Master’s degree in an Engineering or relevant disciplines
- Tech or engineering background
- Minimum 3 / 5 years experience in Subcontracts selection and Subcontracts Administration at site
- Fluent in English and Italian
- Around 7+ years experience needed
- Good Communication skills / Leadership
- Computer knowledge
- Availability to move at job-site (anywhere)