Our client seeks an experienced Sub-marine valve Specialist engineer to join the client's Paris office for a 5 month contract.
We are looking for candidates with the drive and commitment to make a genuine difference in our performance to ensure that the company continues to differentiate itself from competitors by delivering quality service to our client’s requirements.
- Ensure technological monitoring of the discipline (construction codes, standards, etc.) ASME, API, ISO, EN
- Optimize and validate the technological choices of the specialty.
- Ensure technical liaison with suppliers and subcontractors.
- Assist and technically support the Group's Operations and Engineering Centers (recommendations, diagnostics, technical disputes).
- Guarantee the technical content of basic and detailed files.
The basic documents made available by the client to the SERVICE PROVIDER are:
- The Technical Annexes to the Contract,
- The specific rules applicable to the Project,
- The Project’s study standards,
- The guidelines and models of internal documents of the discipline.
- Engineer specializing in underwater valves with a minimum experience of 5 years in charge of preparing the associated technical specifications and tabulation of technical offers.
- Studies and analysis of technical offers from suppliers.
- Selection and qualification of suppliers according to technical compliance criteria.
- Knowledge of Mechanical Production.
- Fluency in English and French.
- Rigor and adaptation to follow the internal technical standards of the discipline.
PROCEDURES – METHODOLOGY
- It will be important to follow the rules of the project, the Rules of the Art as well as the Quality Assurance procedures applicable to this project, in particular with regard to concerned:
- Verification of calculation notes and plans.
- Traceability of information.
- Checking the wording of the title blocks and the numbering of the calculation notes and plans which must comply with the client’s procedures.
QUALITY OF DOCUMENTATION PRODUCED
- The documents produced by the SERVICE PROVIDER must have the required quality depending on tasks defined above, in particular:
- Technical quality.
- Content quality (in relation to the volume of information on a document given).
- Quality in the presentation (in relation to the graphics and ease of reading of the document produced).