SUBSEA CABLE & UMBILICAL LEAD QATAR
Airswift are a Global Manpower Provider specializing in the Energy, Infrastructure & IT sectors. Present in more than 70 countries around the world, our reach, and capabilities in the markets we service is unparalleled in the industry.
We are working with our client based in Qatar to source a Subsea Cable & Umbilical Lead. This is a 3-year residential contract to be based in Qatar.
- Able to fill either a project assignment role or a home office functional assignment role.
- In the project assignment role, is responsible for technical oversight of all onshore and offshore cable / umbilical engineering, design, fabrication, installation, construction, and pre-commissioning activities. Ensure that the Project ‘s requirements are met. Facilitates interfaces among the Project / Engineering manager, home office Functions and EPC contractor’s organization with respect to Umbilical/cable issues.
- In the functional assignment role, is to provides support to client Projects, support EPC ITB/ITT bidding processes, capture the best practices and lessons learned from completed and ongoing projects. Transfer learning and knowledge to applicable client projects and occasionally support ongoing projects as required.
- Focus to ensure the design is safe, constructible, and operable for personnel and processes.
- Support pipeline engineering design, fabrication, installation, and construction activities as needed.
- 10+ years of experience in offshore flexible / Umbilical/cable engineering with at least 5 years demonstrated senior engineering experience in major capital projects.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience with cable/umbilical’s design, manufacturing and installation.
- Experience with EPC contractors, sub-contractors and vendors involved in the oil and gas industry.