Language: Fluent English. French is a plus.
Timeframe: Role has full sign-off and budget
Salary/Package: Competitive salary and benefits on offer
Interviews: to be held within 1-2 weeks
Recruitment Partner: Airswift Account Manager: Ming Yue
Key Words: Project management, Fleet Operations, HSE, Team management, Support Vessel, ISM, ISPS, SOLAS, MARPOL, STCW, MLC, HSE, Supervision, Management, Stakeholder Management, Maritime, Transport.
The company is a leading provider of offshore marine services, they deliver surface and subsea solutions to offshore energy producers through a modern fleet of 248 vessels and 5,400+ professionals. Offering extensive continental, deepwater and ultra-deepwater support. They generated €542M+ revenue in 2022 by guaranteeing quality and safety across operations in 36 countries. Key services span offshore logistics, towing, anchoring, positioning, and subsea engineering and IMR at 4,000m depth. With 30+ years of expertise, they also provides specialized high-speed passenger transportation and offshore personnel transfer, moving 3,000+ oil and gas crews daily. By leveraging operational excellence across this integrated service portfolio, they enhances the productivity and cost-efficiency of offshore installations worldwide. Due to continuous growth, they are searching for a Fleet Manager to be based in France.
The Fleet Manager is responsible for reporting to the Deputy CEO, you will be responsible for overseeing a fleet of 34 offshore vessels and subsea intervention vessels operating out of France. The fleet supports inspection, repair and maintenance (IRM) operations on subsea infrastructure for offshore wind, oil & gas clients at depths up to 3,000 meters.
- Day-to-day management of fleet operations, including scheduling crews and vessels to ensure maximum utilization and profitability
- Monitoring KPIs related to vessel uptime, charter rates, operational costs, health and safety statistics
- Managing a team of cell managers who are each responsible for a subset of vessels
- Driving continuous improvement initiatives across fleet operations focused on efficiency, sustainability, digitization
- Staying current on regional and international maritime regulations and ensuring ongoing compliance
- Building strong working relationships with key clients and stakeholders
- Identifying and implementing new technologies and systems to optimize operations
- Schedule vessels and subsea technicians to maximize utilization and meet client SLAs
- Monitor vessel reliability, equipment uptime, fuel consumption, emissions
- Liaise with onshore operations team to coordinate logistics and tendering
- Ensure compliance with IMCA, IOGP and Subsea 7 safety and technical standards
- Oversee major capital projects such as battery hybrid retrofits and crane upgrades
- Conduct hazard analysis and implement initiatives to mitigate key submarine risks
- 10+ years experience in commercial marine operations
- In-depth knowledge of ISM, ISPS, MARPOL, SOLAS, MLC, STCW and other critical maritime codes
- Experience using maritime software systems for weather routing, maintenance, procurement
- Strong leadership abilities; experience managing high-performance teams
- Outstanding communication and collaboration skills
- Analytical mindset with ability to analyze operational data to identify issues and opportunities
- University degree in marine transportation, naval architecture or a related field
- Experience with offshore vessel or subsea project management
- Experience with work-class ROVs, intervention tooling, mattresses
- Understanding of offshore sub-station design/standards
- Strong commercial acumen and analytical capability
- Fluent in English with French as a plus
- Willingness to travel routinely to operational bases and client sites
- Working with the latest modern and standardized vessels
- Training and skills development available to all employees
- Support and appreciation for all collective and individual performance
- Opportunity to take up new responsibilities and career paths via internal and global mobility
- Advocate for more female representation within the group; eliminating pay inequality, ensuring equal career development opportunities regardless of gender, and combatting stereotypes that perpetuate discrimination. Bourbon is determined to drive measurable progress on these fronts through concrete actions anchored in a culture of diversity and inclusion.
The next steps
We have an exceptional team in place, and we are pleased to be able to appoint a further person to our growing business. We are aware that you may not “tick all the boxes”, but if you believe you can genuinely offer some valuable skills and experience to our business, please in the first instance then please contact our recruitment partner Airswift, and the account manager Ming Yue,