Contract: 12 month Contract
Salary / Package: PAYE Day rate, plus holiday accrual + Pension Auto Enrolment
Recruitment Partner: Airswift Account Manager: Karen Robertson
Key Skills: Subsea Quality; EPC Projects; Project Quality;
Our Operator client are recruiting for a Subsea Quality Engineer to join the team in Aberdeen. The role will provide Quality Assurance and Quality Control support and advise to the Subsea project portfolio.
Working primarily in Aberdeen office with occasional business travel to subcontractor and vendor locations as required.
What can we offer you
Fantastic opportunity to work for a world renowned Oil & Gas Operator in a key role.
Excellent day rate, plus holiday accrual.
Hybrid working arrangements in place.
Key Responsibilities and background:
- Work closely with the EPC to deliver a defect free project..
- Ensuring that Quality Risks are identified, along with providing and managing mitigating actions.
- Develop Quality bow-ties.
- Oversee and deliver the Management of Repeated Failures (Flawless) process to achieve flawless Project delivery objectives, leading indicators, and agreed Quality KPIs.
- Ensure compliance with the Specifications, Standards and Codes applicable to the Project.
- Develop and Implement the Project Quality Audit & Review Schedule.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with procedures by way of Quality Management Audits, Reviews and Health checks across the scopes.
- Lead RCA and Quality investigations.
- Plan and coordinate inspections throughout procurement & construction.
- Attend Kick-Off / Pre-Inspection Meetings where required;
- Review of contractor / vendors quality plans and inspection and test plan to ensure adequate hold and witness points have been identified to ensure appropriate levels of control are being applied;
- Ensure Verification is in accordance with the Project developed TIV Plan, and the Verification Scheme for Safety Environmental Critical Elements (SECE) and the Performance Standards (PS).
- Oversee any 3rd Party IVB contract, working closely with the Greenfield, Brownfield, wells and subsea divisions
- Recording and reporting quality findings (NCRs / Observations) and creating reports and associated KPIs. Ensuring Quality issues are reported, highlighted and addressed to satisfactory closure.
- Oversee and deliver Lessons Learned in conjunction with project engineers.
- Custodian of the Project Quality Plan throughout the Project Lifecycle.
- Maintain Quality Awareness across the Project team - ensure training programs are in place for all staff.
- Assist in Assurance Event Planning & Management, Reporting and Action Tracking.
- Assist in the preparation and expediting of all assurance documentation including PQP, PCAP, Assurance Plans, Assurance Event Terms of Reference, Audit, Review and Health Check Plans
- Facilitate, develop and manage a risk based and fit for purpose PCAP.
- Prepare and input to Monthly Quality Team and department meetings
Critical Skills & Personal Attributes:
- Engineering Degree (BSc equiv. minimum)
- Solid experience in Oil & Gas Project Quality, including strong knowledge in Subsea Quality role.
- ISO 9001 Auditor Certification and experience.
- Experience of leading projects through the design, procurement construction and commissioning phases.
- Commercially and contractually knowledgeable, experience in managing or supporting management of major FEED and EPC contracts, working with different contract models (lump sum, unit rates, reimbursable etc.) through contract preparation, negotiation, implementation and close out.
- Understanding of all the disciplines that contribute to project delivery and how they interact
- HSSE management and quality assurance skills
- Proven interpersonal and relationships skills in complex environments
- Committed to learning and continuous improvement and motivating others to be successful
The next step
We have an exceptional team in place, and we are pleased to be able to appoint a further person to our growing business. We are aware that you may not ‘tick all the boxes’, but if you believe you can genuinely offer some valuable skills and experience to our business, please in the first instance contact our recruitment partner Airswift, and the account manager, Karen Robertson