Paris, United States, France
Oil & Gas - FPSO
Engineering & Design
January 11, 2024
Airswift is looking for a SURF PBF – TECHNICAL LEADER to work with one of our clients in Paris, France.
1. To promote safety culture within the project and his/her activities. Lead by exemplarity to have the team members and colleagues adhering and contributing. To adopt & demonstrate an exemplary behavior with regard to HSEQ rules and requirements. To participate and to promote Safety and Quality culture program.
2. To ensure that safe and ethic working practices are carried out within the activities that he/she is managing or interfacing with. To guarantee the compliance on his/her activities.
3. To ensure that state of the art, TEEPA referential and local rules/laws are complied with and captured in all contractual requirements.
4. To work by anticipation. To assess and to identify risks for the PBF activities and manage associated mitigation actions at his/her level.
5. With the spirit of One TotalEnergies’ values, to establish and manage his/her activities motivating his/her counterparts and to work diligently to meet the targets of the projects.
6. To promote digitalization and innovation as far as compatible with good enough approach for all activities. To seek optimization and savings all along the different phases of the project. To focus on costs (3C initiatives) without impairing QHSE objectives.
7. To keep divisional Manager and all parties (as required) informed regarding ongoing activities status. To advise the Project Managers on HSEQ related actions/decisions 8. For ongoing SURF PBF projects and also future ones, to be the focal with HQ on technical matters and manage the derogations with HQ. Prepare yearly required RFS for OneTech assistance and assist Head of PBF SURF department in budget estimation associated to OneTech assistance. 8. To ensure that all technical requirements are fulfilled for projects in execution to define/validate the technical requirement for the projects in feed stage to give technical support to HQ for future PBF SURF projects in CFT phases.
8. To Manage the PBF SURF engineering team in order to ensure timely reviewing / validating of the documentation issued by CONTRACTOR or Engineering Company (technical documentation / technical queries / derogation requests), in compliance with Project Specifications and Procedures, TotalEnergies General Specifications, etc. and international norms and standards, with the objective to ensure respect of Schedule, Costs, Quality and Safety.
9. To keep Head of PBF SURF Department, SURF package Leaders and all parties (as required) informed regarding ongoing activities status and to advise Head of PBF SURF Department on main topics and actions/decisions.
10. To liaise with HQ for all PBF SURF future projects under FEED and/or CFT phases related to SURF engineering topics.
11. To anticipate and avoid change orders and delays caused by technical issues. To anticipate problems and work together with SURF Contractor, Engineering company(ies), HQ, and SURF team, to propose technical solutions.
12. To define third party review plan, prepare and manage third party review (engineering particular issue, particular studies.
13. To prepare, coordinate and act as entrance point of the internal reviews, project review, HAZID, HAZOP when required for projects under his/her Service Holder’s responsibilities.
14. To Liaise and assist installation team with technical issues and for the preparation optimisation of the offshore work.
15. To assess the technical contents (Engineering, procurement, fabrication impact) of any Change Order.
16. To organize, lead or participate in all necessary meetings with all Contractor, engineering companies and HQs. Prepare, lead specific technical meeting on project under his/her responsibility such as expert committee with Partner, technical with concessionaire.
17. To Interface with SURF Package Leaders & SURF PBF QA/QC leader for readiness of all fabrication/manufacturing phases at Vendor’s premises and at construction yard.
18. To participate to inspections as necessary at the various locations to follow the supply and procurement done by the contractor;
19. To assist Company Representatives at fabrication sites and participate to the resolution of any technical problem related to welding, coating, NDT and structural disciplines.
20. To ensure all interfaces with SPS department are progressing as per the work plan 21. To assist the SURF Installation Team during Offshore phases of projects.
22. To ensure confidentiality of all the documentation produced (whatever its support).
23. To gather ‘lessons learnt’ and provide feedback to other TotalEnergies E&P entities as required.
24. To provide REX along project execution.
25. To provide Close out report Context and environment.
• The SURF PBF package team will work on all the ongoing PBF projects through a SURF transverse organization. The Service holder will work on several projects at different stage in the same time. The Service holder shall be able to work easily in a transverse team.
• The Service holder is also accountable for demonstrating an exemplary behavior regarding H3SE rules and requirements and for ensuring their implementation within his/her scope of responsibility
• The Service holder is also accountable for demonstrating, individually, an exemplary behavior regarding H3SE rules & requirements
• For the project on FEED/CFT phase in particular, the Service Holder is responsible to promote the good enough approach for all activities and to focus on costs without impairing QHSE objectives. He shall ensure that selected solutions are mature or well qualified.
• The Service holder is responsible of the control of the design engineering. By interfacing with PBF SURF installation team, he shall ensure that the specific installation issues are well cover and optimize in design and fabrication engineering.
• The Service holder shall ensure that all SURF engineering deliverables are timely issued and fitted for purpose. The Service holder shall also ensure that engineering interfaces with other concerned packages are dully dealt with and managed.
• The Service holder is in charge, within the SURF team for all the activities related to the engineering, and assistance for supply, procurement, manufacture and fabrication of his discipline and represents the technical authority for his discipline.
• The Service holder will ensure, during detailed engineering, procurement and construction phases, that all deliverables and documents (both internal and external) related to the disciplines and subjects he is in charge of are timely issued and fitted for purpose. He shall ensure compliance of Contractors deliverables and documents with TotalEnergies H3SE requirements and specifications, with applicable codes and standards and best engineering practices, and with Project specifications wrt these disciplines. He will review deviations to TotalEnergies and Project specifications or deviations requests/technical queries.
• The Service holder will be the Contractor contact point for all matters related to the disciplines and subjects he is in charge of.
Qualifications/Experience required Professional Experience (years): 15 /20 years in Oil & Gas industry on Offshore Projects / Fields Experience in similar position (years): ± 10 years with sound engineering experience in SURF engineering.
Diploma: Engineer, or equivalent.
Languages: English mandatory
Skills: Quality and H3SE X Knowledge of Company rules /procedures X SURF design engineering X Management/negotiation of/with contractors X SURF fabrication X Project management Budget/Cost X SURF installation engineering X Management of external studies X SURF Production and Operation X Team spirit X Plant HSE x Engineered Pipe Support Design
Frequent missions to be forecasted due to spread of work package locations including Contractors’ manufacturing sites, fabrication yards, sub-vendor facilities. Good organization and communication would be appreciated. Good motivational skills.
Start of services: ASAP
Duration of services: 1 year
Consultants: Maria Silva - you can email us your CV!