Airswift has been tasked by one of our major Oil and Gas clients to seek a Technical Expert & Package Engineer Cranes and Hose Reels to work in their facilities located in Schiedam, Netherlands.
- Job title: Technical Expert & Package Engineer Cranes and Hose Reels
- Contract Duration: 1 year
- Location: Schiedam, Netherlands.
- Start Date: ASAP
- Contract Setup: Inside IR35
The Technical Expert & Package Engineer has the technical responsibility for specialized subjects such as Cranes and Hose Reels.
As a Package Engineer, you have the technical responsibility for all technical related matters of purchased equipment, e.g., selection, design, procurement, and manufacturing of packaged equipment, ensuring the equipment is functional all requirements and interfaces are accounted for within the design, and are compliant with internal and external requirements.
As the Technical Expert / Principal Engineer, you are responsible for developing safe and quality solutions in support of project and discipline requirements as well as supporting the development of the Group Technical Standards (GTS) to ensure a consistent design approach.
You engage with peers across Regional Centers to promote knowledge sharing and acts as a consultant and mentor to less experienced engineers within the discipline to ensure knowledge transfer, product memory, and application of best practices.
The Technical Expert & Package Engineer Cranes and Hose Reels has knowledge and design experience related to the equipment, Cranes, FPSO Pedestal Cranes, Mechanical Handling Equipment, Offloading Hose Reels, Quick Release Hooks, Bunkering Hose Reels, Winches, and related mechanical equipment.
In addition, experience, or willingness to develop with respect to FPSO related Mechanical Packages as per example; Waste Heat recovery system, Chemical Injection, Gas Dehydration, Water Treatment and or Pump Packages is considered a valuable addition to the specialized expert & package engineer role. The above-mentioned packages will be handled within the same team.
- In relation to the package engineering role will comprise of preparation of specifications, performing technical clarifications and evaluations, liaise with purchasing department, intermediate between equipment supplier and internal engineering disciplines, coordinate the integration of purchased equipment into the overall offshore installation, review of vendor drawings and calculations, safety studies, Management of Change (MOC) and final inspections of equipment.
- In relation to the technical expert role will comprise of updating technical standards, qualification of vendors, technical assurance and technical support to RCAs or other technical challenges within the company.
Our preferred candidate for the role of Mechanical Static Equipment / Package Engineer has:
- At least 5 years of experience in Mechanical Engineering in the Offshore Oil & Gas Industry, this can be in a comparable role or as an engineer (project engineer / system engineer / lead engineer) at a relevant equipment supplier (vendor)
- Bachelor/ Master of Technology – Mechanical (Preferred)
- Team player; taking initiative; problem solving and creative thinking.
- Professional communication in English (verbal and written).
- Willingness to travel.
If you are interested and think you have the right profile, please apply!
Consultant: Rachel Marques at firstname.lastname@example.org