Airswift is seeking a Thermal Plant Operator to join one of our major energy clients in Lloydminster, AB in a rotation scheduler. This is a 12-month contract with the possibility of an extension
The Facility Operation consists of water treating, high-pressure steam generation, sour oil wells and oil treating facilities. Reporting to the Operations Senior Coordinator, the Plant Operator is responsible for ensuring it is run in a safe, efficient manner while maintaining the necessary production requirements.
Work schedule is comprised of a 12-hour shift rotating between days/nights including working weekends/stat holidays (7 on/7 off). You will be required to work in a wide variety of conditions due to the nature of the operation (working at heights, in confined spaces, with noise, in extreme weather conditions etc.)
Safety as a core value Competitive compensation Flex time Employer paid benefits: health, dental, vision & more Volunteering opportunities Community Investment activities Inclusive work environment Career progression/internal mobility opportunities Company/team building events
- Operate the Facility in a safe and effective manner, while working collaboratively as part of the operating team
- Maintain and troubleshoot all area-specific equipment to optimize performance to meet production targets as per Company's guidelines
- Perform condition monitoring including sampling and testing per area responsibilities. Complete area operations records. (e.g. volume balances, log sheets, work permits and required reports)
- Support operations performed maintenance activities aligned to the sites operating philosophy. Support on-site maintenance contractors by communicating Company's requirements, policies and procedures, while leading by example
- Provide assistance, coaching, on-the-job training and assessments to new employees as required
- Comply with all HS&E requirements in the performance of this Position's responsibilities
- Comply with High Reliability Organization standards and expectations
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Minimum 3rd Class Power Engineering certificate is required; however, candidates with 2nd class certification or progress towards 2nd class certification are preferred.
- Minimum 3 years experience in the operation of steam generating equipment, control panel, oil processing and/or well equipment and associated process and systems.
- Experience in the oil and gas industry is an asset.
- Experience in equipment isolation, safe work permitting and hazard analysis.
- Proficiency with computers is required (experience using Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook, SAP, and a field data capture system would be considered an asset).
- The ability to work in a team environment and a willingness to accept increased operational responsibility.
- Solid understanding of safety and regulatory standards and procedures.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Must have a valid Class 5 Drivers License (experienced).
- This is a safety-sensitive position and will be subject to the relevant requirements of the company's Drug and Alcohol policy which includes pre-assignment testing.
Here we embrace diversity of thought, experience, and backgrounds to help us make better business decisions, address our challenges, seize opportunities, and unlock innovative solutions. We define diversity as the variety of people, including all of the unique attributes of our staff, as well as the variety of ideas within our organization. Building an inclusive workplace by drawing on the skills and talents of a diverse workforce provides the company with a competitive advantage. We believe it's important to maximize the potential of everyone who works for our company and ensure people feel respected, appreciated, and heard. We define inclusion as diversity in action, creating an environment of involvement, respect, and connection, where various ideas, backgrounds, and perspectives are harnessed to create business value.