- Working with accounts payable identify invoices to be paid and prepare payment runs following the existing procedures.
- Process the runs and ensure that all approvals are in place in time. Follow up with approvers if necessary. Provide all supporting documents to help approvers consciously validate the payments.
- Prepare manual outgoing payments / Rectify rejected.
- After each payment run, ensure that the payments have been fully processed by the banks by checking the bank statements. Rectify rejected/returned payments. Alert a financial controller and/or chief accountant in case of a systemic problem with payments.
- Follow up with banks on payment/bank statement/accounting issues (missing bank statements/payments not accounted for /systematically returned funds/missing or wrong entries in SAP
- Working with accounts payable monitor invoices that remain unposted or blocked from payment when already due.
- Prepare aged overdue balances to provide a finance controller with an overview of the situation by vendor at the end of each month after the last payment cycle for that month has been completed.
- Make sure that the accounts payable team correctly assigns relevant bank accounts to be used for payments to the invoices.
- Monitor bank and Group Treasury account balances.
- Monitor available credit limits under investment loan authorization from the Group (PI) and under other debt facilities.
- Execute FX trades with PNG banks.
- Maintain lists of authorized signatories with the banks and the Group Treasury.
- Resolve any technical issues related to Themis (Client’s internal payment system) with a relevant support team.
- Prepare monthly expenditures forecasts and propose cash call amounts for each license.
- Prepare internal and external debt draw down requests and maintain all supporting documents.
- Prepare and file reports as per the Bank of PNG requirements.
- Prepare ad-hoc reports related to bank transactions and/or cash calls requested by the management.
- Perform ad-hoc tasks related to work of the accounting department when necessary.
- Ensure that proposed payments are already due or overdue for payment and that all necessary payment. approvals have been obtained before making a payment.
- Ensure the correct bank accounts managed by client are used for payments depending on the expenditure target (licenses or sole, currency, location, etc.)
- Randomly check invoices and other support documents to ensure that correct vendor bank details have been entered in SAP before executing any payment.
- Ensure accuracy and consistency of the produced reports.
- Ensure records are up to date in all manually updated files and in SAP.
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting / financial analysis / statistics / business or equivalent
- Good writing, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Attention to details.
- Good computer and analytical skills. Knowledge of MS Excel is essential.
- Familiarity with SAP FI-AP, FI-TR is desirable, but not essential.
If this sounds like you, register below and APPLY NOW!
This position is open to PNG Nationals only. Due to large volume of applications received, we will contact ONLY the shortlisted candidate. If you do not hear from us after two weeks of the closing date, please consider your application has not made into shortlist. However, we will keep your CV for future reference.
Application closes on the 30th November 2023