Our client a major upstream company is seeking for Turbine Technician to work within their facilities located in Midland, TX / Carlsbad, NM on a 2-year contract
A gas turbine mechanic or gas turbine technician repairs and performs maintenance on the mechanical apparatuses of gas turbine engines.
- Operating the machinery, understanding electrical and mechanical aspects of the engines, and occasionally doing some basic engineering.
- Inspecting the engines and components, work with blueprints and charts, and operate testing equipment.
- Working in engine rooms or shops, often on ships
- Working at large repair facilities or take part in additional training.
- Maintain inventories for spare part and materials necessary for plant maintenance.
- As required, assist with troubleshooting on faulted gas turbines, including mechanical, hydraulic, and electrical problems
- High School education or equivalent.
- Preferable to have experience with Maintenance discipline, Plant operations knowledge and CMMS.
- 2 years’ experience with Compressors preferred
- Solid working knowledge of surface separation equipment.
- Valid operator’s license with clean driving record.
- Good verbal and written skills a plus.
- Basic ability with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Good math skills.